Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging program change (good news)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s good news for those that have yet to buy a M3; but not exactly equitable for those of us non-owners who were among those taking delivery of the car. We couldn’t test drive one before buying; most were probably not even lucky enough to see one on the street before taking delivery of our own M3. Yet while we are eligible to offer a referral code; we didn’t receive any supercharging benefit. I have had my M3 for just under 7 months and only used supercharging once on a longer day trip. The rest of my charging is done at home during super off-peak hours. While I don’t particurly need supercharging; I’m sure many people who took early deliveries might find the benefit helpful. Perhaps Elon can retro-actively give us very early adopters some supercharging benefit. What does everyone else think?
Agree

Reactions: Msjulie
I contacted Customer Service (CS). Indeed, it is at the time of order, or a provable agreement in writing. I ordered Oct 2nd, and was able to add referral code for $100 free super charging, and referral link as a non-performance Model 3 on Oct 5th, which is the day it was announced.

Fortunately, I had an an EMAIL with the Owner Advisor (OA) stating he linked the referral to my order on Oct 5th to help backup my claim.

I pursued the 6-months free supercharging (foggy on the sequence of events) when I initially contacted Customer Service today. I ended coming up short as I didn't have any records saying that I was planning to cancel my order and place a new order to take advantage of the 6-months free supercharging. While on hold, I was able to trace back that indeed the OA associated the previous offer from Oct 5th ($100 SC credit + non-P referral). I did recall a phone call to CS asking about the pro/cons of cancelling and reordering for the referral credit and reservation credit to properly show up in my online account, and was told to not cancel.

To my dismay, I find out that the Referral Department is working this currently, and only because I sent them an email today. I am shocked that the Referral Department wasn't already working this from being assured by the Owner Advisor and Delivery Advisor. There is possibly confusion with the Oct 5th $100 credit + referral link, and the subsequent (as of today) 6-mos free + referral link for all Model 3. It will be more waiting.

For me, not much advantage of the 6-months free supercharging vs. $100 credit. I charge at home, and not many road trips planned, so perks are about the same. I am more bent over the referral link because I am referring myself, and had a sibling order a Model 3 as well. I can't justify buying a Wall Connector, so hoping to get it for free as a referral gift/perk.

Thanks. I had talked to my OA and called Customer Service weeks ago and they both told me that, yes, I was eligible but the referral dept was backlogged and I would be getting the six months. Both told me they had the referral linked in my account. I explained this in my original email to them.

I'll try again. Tesla seems to not know what the other departments are doing.

Placed my order way back on June 29th and supposed to take delivery tomorrow. No referral used at the time because there was no reason to (AWD, non-P). Any chance they will let me retroactively use a friend’s referral code to get the 6 months of supercharging? I mean, if not no big deal b/c I’ll still be driving the world’s most amazing car. But if they will, I mean, I like icing on my cake!

Same situation here. Our Tesla consultant (or whatever you call them) told us to give her the code and they’d give us the $100 credit. Of course, with typical Tesla efficiency, we haven’t heard back from her in two weeks, despite repeated emails, but at least we have the offer in writing..... BTW, we were supposed to take delivery at home today, but after two hours of waiting we called, and they said it was cancelled until “probably” Friday, because the shipment didn’t come in on time. Good luck, it’s a crap shoot.