Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging referral bonus now 2000 Mi.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I ordered and configured on 9/6 with a referral code would the 2k be applicable then?

Not according to the fine print in the app.

Among the things the fine print says in the LIMITS section

1. Related referral orders must be placed on or after September 10 2019
2. Referred vehicle orders must be delivered by October 1 2019 to qualify for awards
3. Orders must be placed through an active referral link to qualify

So, if you want this, you will need to cancel and order again with the person who referred you sending you a new referral link. I would NOT expect tesla to bend on this, regardless of what your owner advisor says. Plenty of people have been told "oh they will add it later" on these type of things only to find out that, no they wont add it later, when taking delivery.

2. Referred vehicle orders must be delivered by October 1 2019 to qualify for awards

So, if you want this, you will need to cancel and order again with the person who referred you sending you a new referral link. I would NOT expect tesla to bend on this, regardless of what your owner advisor says. Plenty of people have been told "oh they will add it later" on these type of things only to find out that, no they wont add it later, when taking delivery.

Thanks. Not worth the hassle and delaying delivery

Tesla seems to be really hardcore about referrals. Just picked up a Tesla the other day and my Sales Advisor was amazing on everything but she has not been able to get my referral added to my account (it was lost when I switched models during my order). I've seen other people online also comment that the team handling referrals refuses to add them after an order, even if it was because the website was having issues.

Tesla's Supercharger FAQ states "A full recharge of an 85 kWh Model S will cost drivers about $22"

Assuming I get 200 miles on a full Supercharge:

2000 miles = 10 Superchargers x $22 per Supercharge = $220 Referral Reward value... if I didn't already have FREE Supercharging on my 2015 P85D

The current Rewards Program pales compared to the previous Radio Flyer Reward which was ~ $600 including tax & shipping... and lacks the Arachnid wheels & Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires for multiple Reward recipients.

"Juice definitely not worth the squeeze" IMHO

We've had friends order using our code, and received their free supercharging upon delivery as a result.
Unfortunately tesla has yet to credit us for the referral at all, in our loot box, other than showing their name and delivery date...? WTF ???

We've had friends order using our code, and received their free supercharging upon delivery as a result.
Unfortunately tesla has yet to credit us for the referral at all, in our loot box, other than showing their name and delivery date...? WTF ???
Same here. I've had 2 referrals that did not get counted. I think you need a popular pro-Tesla YouTube channel for them to honor the referral credits

Yes, it is worth less, but how does this deem the current offer "not worth it?"

For simple task of sharing a code, I get a $220 reward. Seems like kind of a no-brainer to me.

Simply sharing your Referral Code is the EASY part.

Getting:
  1. your referral to actually USE your referral when they order... before it "expires"
  2. their Tesla "Owner Associate" to actually enter it... and not change or delete it
  3. Tesla to deliver the car they ordered before your referral "expires"
  4. Tesla to actually acknowledge your referral
  5. Tesla to deliver your referral reward without having to follow up with Tesla's referral department
... is the hard part.

YMMV

I tried to cancel and reorder but there is no way to cancel Even salesman has no idea.

That makes no sense... people cancel tesla orders all the time. I would contact your salesperson back and asl "really... you are unaware of how to cancel my order?"

I suspect you are not talking about "cancelling" your order, but told them " I want to transfer my order to another one so that I get the new supercharging credit, but not lose my place in line / vin assigned".

They really told you "I have no idea how to cancel your order"?

That makes no sense... people cancel tesla orders all the time. I would contact your salesperson back and asl "really... you are unaware of how to cancel my order?"

I suspect you are not talking about "cancelling" your order, but told them " I want to transfer my order to another one so that I get the new supercharging credit, but not lose my place in line / vin assigned".

They really told you "I have no idea how to cancel your order"?

Of course you can cancel but is 1000 supercharger miles even worth the cancelling of a $2500 charge and putting another $2500 charge onto a credit card? Maybe, but it would not shock me for Telsa to take weeks to give you back the cancelled $2500 first charge.
They will not transfer the deposit so a cancel and new order/new charge would be the only way and you wait for a charge credit back.
I don't think I would bother doing that for 1000 more miles.

I got a referral that picked up the car yesterday but Tesla has marked as delivered on the 29th. Do they count the ordered date as the delivered date? I had 1k added to my account not the 2k

Ordered date is when the $2500 deposit is made which must be after 9/10 and delivery date before 9/30 so the window is very short to qualify. Given how short a window it is, I wonder if you have to order an "inventory car" to have this actually even work.

Simply sharing your Referral Code is the EASY part.

Getting:
  1. your referral to actually USE your referral when they order... before it "expires"
  2. their Tesla "Owner Associate" to actually enter it... and not change or delete it
  3. Tesla to deliver the car they ordered before your referral "expires"
  4. Tesla to actually acknowledge your referral
  5. Tesla to deliver your referral reward without having to follow up with Tesla's referral department
... is the hard part.

YMMV
I wish I could rate love on this post 10x.

Reactions: BrokerDon