Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging referral bonus now 2000 Mi.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course you can cancel but is 1000 supercharger miles even worth the cancelling of a $2500 charge and putting another $2500 charge onto a credit card? Maybe, but it would not shock me for Telsa to take weeks to give you back the cancelled $2500 first charge.
They will not transfer the deposit so a cancel and new order/new charge would be the only way and you wait for a charge credit back.
I don't think I would bother doing that for 1000 more miles.

No, I dont believe its worth it... but thats not what that poster said. They said "tesla says there is no way to cancel" which obviously is not the entire conversation. There is zero chance that was the extent of that posters conversation with tesla, which was my point. Of course you can "cancel". What you CANT do is "Transfer". Its likely just as you say (cancel, wait for a refund, re order).. but I dont know... but I KNOW that a tesla representative did not say "there is no way to cancel your oder, sorry".

A friend using my referral code ordered on 8/27 but have not taken delivery yet. He text me he was told by Tesla the free 1000 miles supercharging will be increased to 2000 miles as long as delivery before 10/1. So, I am not sure who has the correct information. I will update when the free supercharging shows up in my account.

Not according to the fine print in the app.

Among the things the fine print says in the LIMITS section

1. Related referral orders must be placed on or after September 10 2019
2. Referred vehicle orders must be delivered by October 1 2019 to qualify for awards
3. Orders must be placed through an active referral link to qualify

So, if you want this, you will need to cancel and order again with the person who referred you sending you a new referral link. I would NOT expect tesla to bend on this, regardless of what your owner advisor says. Plenty of people have been told "oh they will add it later" on these type of things only to find out that, no they wont add it later, when taking delivery.

I was one of those" they will add it later" when taking delivery. Interestingly I didn't get it but my friend who referred me got his credit. He has FUSC on his P100D anyways so I hope he wins his roadster

so hit or miss ...