Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging referral

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if I placed an order with referral code (of my friend) should I see any indication that I will get the bonus? I'm asking b/c I've seen a lot of people say they didn't get the bonus b/c of errors when they ordered!

Ask your friend to check the app. Click on the loot box, then “my referrals”. Your name and order date should show up on their account. They can also check this from the www.tesla.com website under their account page.

The weirdest thing is that I see 3 successful DELIVERED referrals in my loot box in the app.... but I only got 5K free miles. Shouldn't that be 15K? (or at the very least 5K + 1K + 1K = 7K)?

The fact that they show up DELIVERED in the app makes me believe everything was done correctly, but I'm just not receiving the bonus miles. Maybe it takes a few weeks to show up... (they were all delivered end of April)

The weirdest thing is that I see 3 successful DELIVERED referrals in my loot box in the app.... but I only got 5K free miles. Shouldn't that be 15K? (or at the very least 5K + 1K + 1K = 7K)?

The fact that they show up DELIVERED in the app makes me believe everything was done correctly, but I'm just not receiving the bonus miles. Maybe it takes a few weeks to show up... (they were all delivered end of April)

Does it show an expiration date anywhere?

I was just wondering about this today. I have 1 referral, ordered but not yet delivered. It is showing up in my loot box and account online. However, it doesn't show any miles remaining yet which I expected since delivery has not happened yet.

However, weird thing is I supercharged 2 times today in Corsicana, TX, and I did not see any charges on my credit card. In fact, my Tesla account does have 2 receipts for today, both say $0.00 - No charge. Wonder why that is. 97 total kwh of charging today for free. First time I have seen this; every other time I have been charged something.

Also, not sure how they will convert the free 5,000 miles to minutes for those of us in TX who get billed per minute. However both receipts today showed the kwh charged, not the minutes, so weird all around but I am not complaining about free supercharging.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 10.19.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 10.19.05 PM.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 61
I was just wondering about this today. I have 1 referral, ordered but not yet delivered. It is showing up in my loot box and account online. However, it doesn't show any miles remaining yet which I expected since delivery has not happened yet.

However, weird thing is I supercharged 2 times today in Corsicana, TX, and I did not see any charges on my credit card. In fact, my Tesla account does have 2 receipts for today, both say $0.00 - No charge. Wonder why that is. 97 total kwh of charging today for free. First time I have seen this; every other time I have been charged something.

Also, not sure how they will convert the free 5,000 miles to minutes for those of us in TX who get billed per minute. However both receipts today showed the kwh charged, not the minutes, so weird all around but I am not complaining about free supercharging.

You'll likely see the 5,000 miles show up in your app loot box soon. It typically takes 1-2 weeks AFTER the person takes delivery of their car. I'm assuming the supercharging system already has your referral bonus implemented, which is why you're seeing $0.00 charges. Just takes a while for them to appear in the app. Wouldn't be surprised if what finally appears isn't 5,000 minus however much you've used already.

I am not sure if additional referrals add more miles. I looked at the terms and conditions and it looks like additional referrals only extend the expiry date by 6 months, but don’t add miles.
Referral Program

Reactions: bmms8
I am not sure if additional referrals add more miles. I looked at the terms and conditions and it looks like additional referrals only extend the expiry date by 6 months, but don’t add miles.
Referral Program

I have two referrals delivered and it added the miles 1k+5k.

Also, from my experience with these two the app updates really fast, within an hour of hearing that my referral got their car the app updates and the supercharging miles are added.

Does anyone know whether there is an expiry date on the 5,000 miles earned by the new owner (referree) who used a referral code to purchase a new car?

Can some of the new owner check your account? Does it show an expiry date?

The Collin Street Bakery is picking up the supercharging bill. I like to thank them for their kindness towards Tesla's.

Reactions: hey.stephen
I just took delivery for a model 3 SR+ and got the 5000 mile referral bonus. I ordered the model 3 prior to the announcement for the 5000 mile referral but took delivery today. It showed up by the time I got home from the service center.

so does it matter when you take delivery vs when you ordered for the 5000 mile referral bonus?