Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging Sauna

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, my 9 day old Tesla 75 today became a sauna whist supercharging!

I plugged her in and went into the hotel for a coffee, the supercharger was behaving well 90kW 254mi/hr but after 30 min upon my return every window had dramatically misted up! it was like a sauna!

I manually started the AC on full fan and it soon cleared up but why did it do it? its not done this before.

She is going into a service centre on Tuesday, should I report it?

The only times something like that happens are when the air one one side of the glass is warm and very humid, while the other side is much colder and cools the glass. It can happen in either direction, though - resulting in the misting on different surfaces of the glass, of course.

I've seen it happen after a squall line moves through and cools the air to cars that are off and just sitting parked. On one rather scary occasion it happened to me while I was driving - the car was apparently cold enough that when it hit the warmer moist air over the bay, everything misted up over the course of about five seconds.

The Tesla climate system doesn't have water or coolant in the cabin. Unless this becomes a repeatable occurrence, I'd write it off as a freak weather anomaly.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
I find this happens to my car quite a bit. Never saw it with my last ICE vehicle. I'll come back to the Supercharger and the windows are totally fogged up.

Happens sometimes when I charge at home overnight too. I park outside in a lot and I'll be the only car with frosted windows.

I assume it's because the battery pack is warming the car internally but that's totally a guess.

• Helpful
Reactions: an2ony