Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging speed collection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this will catch on or not, but worth a shot. I have been doing a lot of searching on the forum for supercharging speeds of Model S through the years and specifically with software updates. Although this will be anecdotal and there are many factors, I was hoping we could get a thread going where we give simple answers as to which Tesla Model version we have, which software, which MCU, and what the total SOC + current supercharging speed equals. For example, if I am currently at 20% SOC and I am currently drawing 110kw from the supercharger, then my total would be (20 SOC + 110kw draw) = 130. If you would like to add additional factors such as outside temperature, current mileage etc, feel free. I am going to keep it simple for now. I will start;

2016 Model S P90D, 2020.48.37, MCU1, SOC + Draw = 130.

Last edited:
I had battery pack replaced in November 2020. There was no change in charging since it was remanufactured pack. I have 190k miles, charged all over USA. There are a hundred different charging situations. If u have a problem u have to keep records. I have a record of every super charge and battery problem. I documented that was using to many miles to go 50 miles. Almost 100. They checked pack, had 2 bad module.
Home charging and super charging are on different plants.

I have been pulling the SC data since Aug 2019 i take the numbers at when i first plug in and the numbers right before i disconnect. If connected to a paired stall or a urban SC i will not take the numbers down until it reaches the point where the speed limiting has been removed (like when it drops to 69kW on an urban SC), i also don't take a note if it is super cold/hot because those numbers will be off as well.

I plugged all of it into Excel and made a chart that i update about every week or so. I'm at 686 data points from chargers all over the place.
The change from MCU1 to MCU2 had no effect on my charging speed. 100% = 246 miles or 68.5 kWh useable (SMT)

Capture.JPG

Reactions: LostWages
I have been pulling the SC data since Aug 2019 i take the numbers at when i first plug in and the numbers right before i disconnect. If connected to a paired stall or a urban SC i will not take the numbers down until it reaches the point where the speed limiting has been removed (like when it drops to 69kW on an urban SC), i also don't take a note if it is super cold/hot because those numbers will be off as well.

I plugged all of it into Excel and made a chart that i update about every week or so. I'm at 686 data points from chargers all over the place.
The change from MCU1 to MCU2 had no effect on my charging speed. 100% = 246 miles or 68.5 kWh useable (SMT)
Very informative! Thanks for posting. Which Model S do you have?

21 model s long range 62f outside at 20% soc it was charging at 250kw

This thread inspired me to post more detailed results here:

With the latest .44.25.3 firmware I noticed an increase in SuC speeds for my 90 rev A pack. Used to top 118-119 kW but now I am reaching 126 kW. Degradation is about 20% but I’ll take high SuC speeds over higher capacity
View attachment 896673
im hoping over time they can improve the speeds of these packs when they get more data/whatever.
ive rarely seen my c pack go to 120kw, and while its much faster than the old one, ive been tracking when it drops under 100kw and its pretty inconsistent, between 40% to highest ive seen is 56%.
to see 126kw at 40% is incredible to me.

if i watch a tesla model s plaid 0 to 100 charging... if the packs are the same only difference being 350v and 400v, you times 350x1.14=399
a model s plaid drops below 114kw at 62%. it would be really awesome if our packs could hold 100kw+ up to 62% also

Last edited: