TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharging while doing ownership change

Discussion in 'Model S' started by abuzar1, Oct 13, 2019.

1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Member

I bought a used model S but haven’t done the ownership change yet because I’ve been traveling and needed to supercharge. My question is, if I start the ownership transfer process will I lose access to supercharging till the transfer is complete? This is a 2015 model vehicle so I believe the super charging should transfer without an issue. My concern is losing access to supercharging During the transfer process which I hear can take several weeks

2. Simon_Emes

Simon_Emes Member

I could charge during the 2 weeks Tesla took to transfer the ownership...

3. Gaz_

Gaz_ Member

No problems with this at all (UK Here)... I've heard suggestions that if you have to pay to use the charger for whatever they bill you at service time or send you a bill after ownership change but with the free supercharging I had I used it for 4 weeks before I eventually hassled them enough to transfer ownership

4. nativespinner

nativespinner Member

My seller let me log in to his account until the car was switched to my name. Unlimited Supercharging stayed with the car. Mine is a 2013 bought in June 2018.