Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kuhz

Oct 25, 2017
Mars
New owner, first time Supercharging. Got free supercharging through referral. Is it normal for the screen to say PAID SUPERCHARGING with the amount showing $0.00 while plugged into a supercharger?

72380A8E-1D3F-4261-9346-CC56A816C81B.jpeg
I did take a pic

Yes. Normal. Unless you sleep in car while the stalls fill up and get hit with using the spot others need while you are loafing fee :) Never got one, but heard a story. :)

Not sure if the those fees would show up immediately or not. Input would be welcome from others on personal experience.

Welcome to the awesome supercharger world. Will enable me to get home to Florida in a couple weeks so quickly. Thanks Tesla

Got mine in July. Has been that way since I got it first day of deliv and hit SC.

Last edited:
Is the difference here between "life of the car free supercharging" (older cars) and "free supercharging while you own it" (newer cars with referral code)? Such that the first category don't show anything on-screen (it's a characteristic of the car that the supercharging is always free), while in the second category the car is potentially chargeable, just that while it's connected to a qualifying account the rate is $0 ?

Or are we all getting the "paid supercharging" display, just that some of us haven't got the software update yet?

I've been seeing some people asking this for several weeks on the other forum too. Apparently applying the referral code to get it switched to the unlimited free version is a manual process, and it sometimes takes a week or two after delivery for someone to make that change to the customer's account.

• Helpful
Reactions: BerTX