Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superwrap Spray - Chrome Delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not. I also want to dechrom my midnight silver. I used vinyl for center console and was pretty easy.

My concern is if the outside temperature is greater than 100 degrees, would the wrap come off if I install it using just a hair dryer ?

this is a bit old. but i used plastidip on mine and its been great.
if you do any of this, be absolutely sure that you go over ALL the edges very well and that you spray a hefty amount around all corners/edges. My plastidip job came out pretty good, but i didnt do the edges very well. so a few edges started to peel. which means eventually most of it will start to come off. even so, its been a few months and its been holding off very well. also, because i didnt spray the edges very well, form the inside i can see tiny bits of chrome along some of the edges. from the outisde it looks great however, but just a pet peeve of mine since i like to have it well done.

this is a bit old. but i used plastidip on mine and its been great.
if you do any of this, be absolutely sure that you go over ALL the edges very well and that you spray a hefty amount around all corners/edges. My plastidip job came out pretty good, but i didnt do the edges very well. so a few edges started to peel. which means eventually most of it will start to come off. even so, its been a few months and its been holding off very well. also, because i didnt spray the edges very well, form the inside i can see tiny bits of chrome along some of the edges. from the outisde it looks great however, but just a pet peeve of mine since i like to have it well done.

Very Cool. I ended up just vinyl wrapping everything myself for the chrome delete since I was afraid superwrap didn't seem as tough. I only used Superwrap on the emblems (which turned out great!)

I tried Superwrap, it peeled off along with my masking tape, could be user error, maybe I should have peeled the masking when its wet, but I was trying to spray thicker and multiple coating, so not sure how I can peel it wet since between each layer, I let them dry a bit before I spray new layer. End up with a mess to clean plus a bunch of prepping time was wasted.

It would have been great since Superwrap is smooth to touch, vinyl-based instead of rubber-based like plastidip. and there is gloss finish for those who wants it glossy.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
I tried Superwrap, it peeled off along with my masking tape, could be user error, maybe I should have peeled the masking when its wet, but I was trying to spray thicker and multiple coating, so not sure how I can peel it wet since between each layer, I let them dry a bit before I spray new layer. End up with a mess to clean plus a bunch of prepping time was wasted.

It would have been great since Superwrap is smooth to touch, vinyl-based instead of rubber-based like plastidip. and there is gloss finish for those who wants it glossy.
that's a bummer! I watched a video on it and it said to wait to peel masking till dry, so pretty sure you did it right. Did you use their surface prep?

Reactions: 4agemr2
Yes i did, it was a sponsor deal, i reached out and they sent me a free complete kit, but i failed to deliver a finish product, after 6 straight hours, i gave up. I am the guy who created the first DIY chrome delete video on youtube (Tesla DIY). I ripped my vinyl wrapped chrome delete to attempt the Superwrap, so i was very demotivated after unwrapping my vinyl, preping, peeling and failed. =[ and had to rewrap my vinyl chrome delete.

that's a bummer! I watched a video on it and it said to wait to peel masking till dry, so pretty sure you did it right. Did you use their surface prep?

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde