Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Support Armenia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kandiru

Oct 20, 2014
USA
Listings
3mill are fighting for survival against 90mill, and the battle is raging. Turkey massacred 1.5mill Armenians, women and children included in 1915, then 1mill Greeks at the end of the war after Churchill's Gallipoli fiasco, and is now fixing to do the same, while gaslighting the West.

The oldest Christian country in the world needs our help, to do that and to follow the conflict you can check hourly updates here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/armenia/

Sorry if I am emotional, but this is growing on me more and more, I think every decent person needs to be involved.

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger
How familiar are you with the situation there, why Turkey wants to invade Armenia, and why remaining Armenians don't want to give it up?

Basically the Armenian Genocide of 1915 and massacre of Greeks in 1918 is tabu in Turkey, and to this day whoever publicly talks about the genocide ends up in jail under the law protecting "Turkishness", unless first killed by the state aligned Bozkurtlar militias. Going back again, in 1920 the Bolsheviks decided to give the majority Armenian Artsakh/Karabakh to Azerbaijan, likely in retaliation to the action of several Armenian independence fighters who were fiercely anticommunist. Talking about denial, right now in Azerbaijan it is forbidden to talk about dead relatives publicly and the number of dead soldiers is secret, as is Alyev hiding in one of his palaces, while the Armenian leadership are always at the frontline, funerals, or in the middle of crowds with few bodyguards. If you think Armenians are the only target just study what they have been doing to the Kurds in the past 10 years.

Sultan Erdogan's megalomania and need to assert power makes him pursue state sponsored hatred against Armenia, with Bayrakhtar TB-2 drones and Syrian mercenaries getting shipped to Azeri lands in addition to supplies. Sadly the drones are mostly assembled using US military suppliers. He knows he has the US and the West by the balls with Incirlik AFB and NATO membership, and the rest of the world with control over the Bosphorus.

IMHO, this is the one topic where the US and Russia will see eye to eye, if you follow the very recent news of Putin's speech about "brutal crimes against Armenia" and both President Trump and Pompeo expressing support for David against Goliath.

Armenia has little to offer in terms of cash while Azerbaijan's dictator and his entourage are bathing in oil profits, but still most of the world sides with Armenia.

To answer your question, Erdogan is testing the waters, what better way to weaken your enemy than organizing a proxy war from the other border? Because self-infatuation and dementia make a dangerous cocktail, he wants to forget about Russia and the US, but he is being watched very closely.

I want to state this clearly, I have nothing against the Turkish people, us Magyars are perceived as friends and brothers by common people there via the Turanian turkic kinship, many voices of reason there are silenced in jails and torture chambers, and common people see the situation more and more clearly but risk death or long jail terms even just for speaking the truth. One day they shall rise again just like in 2016.

Apropos Magyars, here is an Azeri military hero, promoted major after the axe murder of an unknown to him sleeping Armenian officer at a NATO training in Budapest, what the govt did in exchange for oil made me ashamed of being Hungarian:
Ramil Safarov | Wikiwand

Last edited:
The bloodiest battle of the conflict, for control of the strategic vantage point town of Shusha is raging right now, losing it would give Azeris control of the Lachin corridor effectively cutting supplies to Stepanakert:
Armenia News - NEWS.am
Nagorno-Karabakh Briefing | Nov. 7 - The Moscow Times

The situation is murky, bands of Azeris and Syrian mercenaries are roaming the woods in fierce clashes, so far the Armenians continue to fight hard.

Civilians are fleeing, it is the Armenian type of escape, women and children only, men are all fighting, three generations side by side, better die with a bullet in the chest than live to see your women and children share the fate of 1/4 of the Armenian population in 1915.

Last edited:
The bloodiest battle of the conflict, for control of the strategic vantage point town of Shusha is raging right now, losing it would give Azeris control of the Lachin corridor effectively cutting supplies to Stepanakert:
Armenia News - NEWS.am
Nagorno-Karabakh Briefing | Nov. 7 - The Moscow Times

The situation is murky, bands of Azeris and Syrian mercenaries are roaming the woods in fierce clashes, so far the Armenians continue to fight hard.

Civilians are fleeing, it is the Armenian type of escape, women and children only, men are all fighting, three generations side by side, better die with a bullet in the chest than live to see your women and children share the fate of 1/4 of the Armenian population in 1915.

Seeing them got hurt is hurting also us so it's better to sacrifice 1member if needed in order for the rest to survive. I hope that this war will get an end.

I don't think this is a conflict where the US should take sides.

Backstory: back when the Soviet Union collapsed, Armenia invaded and took over a ethnically-Armenian region of Azerbaijan called Nagorno-Karabakh, along with some surrounding ethnically Azerbaijani-majority territory. Ethnic Armenians were expelled from most of Azerbaijan, and ethnic Azerbaijanis were expelled from the territory taken over by Armenia. The Armenian held territory inside Azerbaijan became the so-called Artsakh Republic, recognized only by Armenia. No peace deal was ever signed, but the cease-fire line became a de-facto border from 1994 until 2020.

In September, Azerbaijan launched a military campaign to recapture a portion of the so-called Artsakh Republic from Armenia. That's the current conflict.

Looks like a peace deal has been reached, with Armenia retaining control of Nagorno-Karabakh from Stepanakert northwards, but Azerbaijan retaking Shusha and the southern areas of the so-called Artsakh Republic.