TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Support for Radio.com...

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by jeffro01, Aug 2, 2018.

1. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

So apparently as of 8/1/2018 most of my favorite TuneIn stations have moved to Radio.com... Is anyone else affected by this and does anyone think there is a chance Tesla will support Radio.com anytime soon?

On a side note, "streaming rights" is about the biggest load of crap out there... This exclusivity BS has got to end as it does nothing but penalize and harm the consumer.

Jeff

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Any idea how musicians get paid?

3. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

No one else? If I'm the only one who got the shaft on this then I doubt Tesla will be motivated to add radio.com streams... :)

Jeff

• Funny x 1
  4. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.42.2

I read several weeks back how many stations on TuneIn would be moving to Radio.com and wondered the same thing. I haven't heard any mention of support for Radio.com yet.

• Like x 1
  5. Lasairfion

Lasairfion Member

Licensing is a bit of a sham when it comes to actually paying the musicians. One of my events cost around £3,500 in total music licensing fees.

I asked what percentage actually reached the artists and was told it's around 12% (lots of middle men and labels who soak up a chunk of those fees).

Those fees only go to artists who are signed up with the licensor, so if your performers aren't registered they're not getting anything at all.

Then the distribution of that small percentage to the artists who are registered isn't specifically linked to the number of plays of the song. Rather the greater proportion of the cash goes to the most popular artists.

We're probably waiting on the production of decent AI in order to get a system that will actually work to easily transfer royalties to the artists, but the system as it is now is definitely broken.