TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Support the Tesla Science Center 7/10 at Newark DE Supercharger

Discussion in 'EVents' started by Half Dollar Bill, Jul 1, 2016.

?

When do you plan on stopping by?

1. Mid Morning

60.0%
  2. Late Morning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Early Afternoon

20.0%
  4. Mid Afternoon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Late Afternoon

20.0%
  1. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant

July 10th is the 160th anniversary of Nikola Tesla's birthday.

To celebrate, we're going to have a birthday card to sign at the Newark Delaware supercharger during the day that we will forward to the staff at the Tesla Science Center. Bring your checkbook as well and make a tax-deductible contribution to TSC in East Shoreham, Long Island, NY. They're currently renovating Nikola Tesla's last and only existing laboratory into a science and technology center and museum.

Whether you're just passing through or out for a casual all-electric drive, come out to the supercharger to sign the birthday card and enjoy the company of other Tesla enthusiasts.

Please help us with the charger planning by indicating when you may stop by.

Depending on the response and the weather forecast, we may have more birthday-related activities during the day.

• Like x 1
  2. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Bill, thanks for leading this effort! Hope you have a great turnout!

3. kevinf311

kevinf311 Member

I got tickets to this event (at the Science Center), but I'm still unsure as to whether or not I'll go.

I would be heading through that Supercharger if I do, though probably quite early (for me).

4. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

HDB,
    Rick, I and a few others will be doing a lighted appliqué install in Middletown in the morning, will stop over later in the day.

See you then.

5. kevinf311

kevinf311 Member

So I've decided I'm not going to head all the way up for the 160th Celebration event. Just too long a day on a Sunday...

I looked at the ticket I bought (the "carload" type) and it just says "Purchased by [Me]" with no indication of it being specifically assigned to someone.

The carload ticket is good for admission for: Car, Driver, Passengers

If anyone is interested in using my ticket to attend the event, send me a PM and I'll forward the ticket to you. No charge (or like... buy me a beer at a meetup some time).

• Like x 1
  6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

7. kevinf311

kevinf311 Member

It's gone!

8. jcadman22

jcadman22 MD: DRK NRG

Not sure if folks are still planning to meetup in Newark, but I'll be passing through 9-10A.

9. Half Dollar Bill

From 9-4 on Sunday we had 24 cars stop to charge, 21 S's and 3 X's. Blue was the most popular color and MD was the most popular state (both 8 occurrences).

We collected $76 for the Tesla Science Center in NY.

The attachments are a picture of the birthday card my neice made for the effort. I think most everyone that passed through signed it.

Thanks to Tony from Philadelphia for sticking around most of the afternoon. And BRAVO to the Arizona trecker!
    Also kudo's to the two people who got the in-joke with the birthday balloons 80+80=160th anniversary. Unfortunately, one of the balloons floated away late in the morning due to the wind and an inadequate string-tying effort so I was left with just a really old guy reference. There were also a couple people that thought the car was a birthday gift, which seems like it would be a really nice idea if anyone were so inclined.

Thanks to all that helped, either physically or through encouragement. And apologies to anyone that passed through after 4 that wished to participate.

Attached Files:

• Love x 1
  10. Half Dollar Bill

Check out the nice letter my niece got back from Wardenclyffe!

Attached Files:

• Love x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. Pollux

Pollux Member

Way to go, Bill, way to go!!