Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Support the Tesla Science Center 7/10 at Newark DE Supercharger

When do you plan on stopping by?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Half Dollar Bill

Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant, innkeeper
Oct 19, 2013
Freeport Maine
July 10th is the 160th anniversary of Nikola Tesla's birthday.

To celebrate, we're going to have a birthday card to sign at the Newark Delaware supercharger during the day that we will forward to the staff at the Tesla Science Center. Bring your checkbook as well and make a tax-deductible contribution to TSC in East Shoreham, Long Island, NY. They're currently renovating Nikola Tesla's last and only existing laboratory into a science and technology center and museum.

Whether you're just passing through or out for a casual all-electric drive, come out to the supercharger to sign the birthday card and enjoy the company of other Tesla enthusiasts.

Please help us with the charger planning by indicating when you may stop by.

Depending on the response and the weather forecast, we may have more birthday-related activities during the day.

Reactions: jthompson
So I've decided I'm not going to head all the way up for the 160th Celebration event. Just too long a day on a Sunday...

I looked at the ticket I bought (the "carload" type) and it just says "Purchased by [Me]" with no indication of it being specifically assigned to someone.

The carload ticket is good for admission for: Car, Driver, Passengers

If anyone is interested in using my ticket to attend the event, send me a PM and I'll forward the ticket to you. No charge (or like... buy me a beer at a meetup some time).

Reactions: jcadman22
From 9-4 on Sunday we had 24 cars stop to charge, 21 S's and 3 X's. Blue was the most popular color and MD was the most popular state (both 8 occurrences).

We collected $76 for the Tesla Science Center in NY.

The attachments are a picture of the birthday card my neice made for the effort. I think most everyone that passed through signed it.

Thanks to Tony from Philadelphia for sticking around most of the afternoon. And BRAVO to the Arizona trecker!
Also kudo's to the two people who got the in-joke with the birthday balloons 80+80=160th anniversary. Unfortunately, one of the balloons floated away late in the morning due to the wind and an inadequate string-tying effort so I was left with just a really old guy reference. There were also a couple people that thought the car was a birthday gift, which seems like it would be a really nice idea if anyone were so inclined.

Thanks to all that helped, either physically or through encouragement. And apologies to anyone that passed through after 4 that wished to participate.

Attachments

• Bcard outside.pdf
    142.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Bcard inside.pdf
    200.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Love
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Check out the nice letter my niece got back from Wardenclyffe!

Attachments

• Wardenclyffe Letter JPEG.jpg
    Wardenclyffe Letter JPEG.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 62