Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surprise Check from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a $36 check but I was expecting the return of the $225 initial registration fee. I got New plates but had a plate turned into state last year. Should not have to pay the full fee. Not sure if anyone has gone through this. Still working on getting full info and refund

Just got one for $0.50. Looks like it's for registration.
I would put it on a wall using a plastic cover as a good luck charm !!!

May be you could also sale it one day on e-Bay for a collecter,
or one of your grandsons could show it on the Antiques Roadshow
for getting an auction estimate so keep also the letter envelope with the $0.58 stamp.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteAdobo
I just got a check from Tesla as well. for $142.46 - I wish Tesla would have included a simple cover letter because I am very confused by it. I am guessing it's just some sort of accounting mistake that they are making right. It has my registration number for my Model Y delivery on March 21 in GA

I asked Tesla why I got this check and they said: "Great question! This is a refund for your registration. When you pick up a new Tesla you pay for a full year of registration but, based on when your birthday is, your car will end up only being registered by Tesla for a few months before you have to re-register. We send a check to refund you that amount." I mentioned that it would be nice if there were a short cover letter with the check mentioning that because a lot of owners are confused by the check.