Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surprise in Warwick, RI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David29

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2015
DEDHAM, MA
I was in Warwick, RI, this afternoon and stopped at a Dunkin' Donuts on what I think was Rte. 1 (Post Rd). I was pleasantly surprised to see an EV charging station. I took a quick look at it, and the signs indicated it was a DC Fast charging station (more surprise) and free! I had not heard of Dunkin' Donuts having charging stations, but maybe this is a Rhode Island program. There were 2 cables with 2 different connectors. I assume that one was a CHAdeMO and one a CCS, but I did not actually verify that. I have no CHAdeMO adapter and wasn't there long enough to make use of it anyway, but I was glad to see it.
Does anyone know if either the state of Rhode Island or maybe Dunkin' Donuts has a program to install these chargers?

Reactions: chjch
That charger is on PlugShare. If you get the PlugShare app for your smartphone you can display any local charging stations without even starting the app.

PlugShare only shows 7 fast chargers in the entire state of RI, one being the Supercharger!

• Informative
Reactions: David29
If you get the PlugShare app for your smartphone you can display any local charging stations without even starting the app.
How do you display local stations without starting the app? Are you using iPhone or Android?

The DD stations looks like a standard EVgo station (Chademo & CCS). They're free for BMW and Leaf owners (for a year, or something like that), but not for us. EVgo's rates aren't that great a deal.

PlugShare Entry for DD DC charger

• Informative
Reactions: David29
How do you display local stations without starting the app? Are you using iPhone or Android?

The DD stations looks like a standard EVgo station (Chademo & CCS). They're free for BMW and Leaf owners (for a year, or something like that), but not for us. EVgo's rates aren't that great a deal.

PlugShare Entry for DD DC charger

The iPhone has Widgets you can add to your home screen. This one is awesome...

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Informative
Reactions: TLej and tga