Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surprising characteristic or newbie ignorance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just watch out if you ever get a classic non-AP car for a loaner. Mine doesn’t have the same kind of Hill hold. I can’t take my foot off the brake for but a few seconds before it will roll back. There is no (h) symbol at all.

That is why I leave creep on, honestly, since it keeps me from rolling backwards. I am surprised the OP rolled backwards with creep on, I didn’t think it would do that.
It will roll backwards with creep on, as long as the incline is sufficiently steep to overcome the torque applied by the motor. The amount of torque applied seems to be constant.

That’s fine for your personal use, H.
But I sincerely advise you to turn creep ‘on’ when letting someone else drive your car.
You don’t want to get into an argument with that driver about which pedal was mistakenly pressed when the car was crashing trough walls, fences, storefronts and the like.

That's ok because nobody else ever drives my car! And even if I did, I still wouldn't turn on creep.

• Funny
Reactions: PaulusdB
Yes. I would like a true one-pedal option. 1. Regen to a complete stop. 2. When you stop (brake or regen) it stays put. No creep and no roll back. Who would ever want to have roll-back anyway? You have neutral in the very rare case when you want the car to roll backwards by itself. I don’t get it.

Roll-back is handy when parking on an incline and you need to move in small increments to maneuver into a tight spot. It would be a pain to constantly be switching from Drive to Neutral or Reverse and back to accomplish the same thing with rollback while in Drive.