Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surprising experience from Tesla Service Center in Brooklyn NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably one of the first to receive a Model Y Performance in the area. I took delivery of my Model Y Performance on March 30th 2020. I thought the car looked okay but after more inspection and more Model Y hit the market I saw the difference. I never took it back to Service Center for the panel gaps after reading online that it may take a long time as everyone had the same issues. I needed my car especially with COVID-19 lingering, I didn't want to take mass transit. Recently, I got annoyed with my passengers keep closing the door but wouldn't close properly. They would literally have to SLAM the door. Doors not closing properly, car alarm went off when parked, and errors while driving door was open. Very annoying and frustrating.

Upon servicing my appointment, they scheduled me to go straight to Tesla Collison Center in Long Island City. Very professional staff and clean. Car was dropped off 8AM and I got the car back at 10AM.

They fixed all the following:

- All four doors close so much better now (seals and trim aligned)
- Both tail lights are more flushed and aligned
- Trunk lining is perfect now.

They washed my car (exterior and interior)! also even charged the car a bit for me. I don't think you can ask for much more.

I'm only sharing this cause even after one year with the car, Tesla still helped me in those panel gaps and realignment issues. Well done Tesla.