Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surprising solution to hot MY seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone else has experienced the black MY seats getting super hot. I live in LA and within a few minutes of driving the back of my shirt is wet.

I desperately picked up a $50 “cooling” seat cover from Amazon, half expecting it to be total junk. To my surprise, it is amazing. As long as you precool the car it sends refreshing AC air that you can feel through your shirt and shorts all the way to your back and bum. Total game changer.

No idea how long it’ll last before it dies but thought I’d share this in case anyone was struggling as much as I have.

Looks pretty good on black seats too. White seats, you are on your own.

Not a sponsored post, but here is the link :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NXDSTFW?psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_K39WVABK43XPZ23W0H7H

Attachments

• 90789E84-F110-47F2-85B7-07C7B947AC8E.jpeg
    90789E84-F110-47F2-85B7-07C7B947AC8E.jpeg
    800.4 KB · Views: 522
Where do you plug them in at?
If you look closely at the photo, you can see the wire coming out of the center console. You'd need a splitter or something if you wanted to run two of them. Assuming the current draw is less than 6 or 7 amps. (I think 15 is the most you can draw without tripping the breaker.) I invoke the name of jcanoe to correct me if I'm remembering wrong :)

Not sure if anyone else has experienced the black MY seats getting super hot. I live in LA and within a few minutes of driving the back of my shirt is wet.

I desperately picked up a $50 “cooling” seat cover from Amazon, half expecting it to be total junk. To my surprise, it is amazing. As long as you precool the car it sends refreshing AC air that you can feel through your shirt and shorts all the way to your back and bum. Total game changer.

No idea how long it’ll last before it dies but thought I’d share this in case anyone was struggling as much as I have.

Looks pretty good on black seats too. White seats, you are on your own.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NXDSTFW?psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_K39WVABK43XPZ23W0H7H
Interesting idea, is that an aftermarket headrest pillow in your picture, or does the seat cover have some accommodation for the head rest?

Keith

I have a new Model Y with black seats and find my seat to be way too hot, too. And I'm in cool San Francisco. And no, I do not accidentally have the seat heater on. What's up with this? Is the seat heater on when it ought not to be?

White seats don't have the problem, I can't imagine living in a hot sunny climate with black seats. I'm sorry if you already have black, but anyone considering any future car with a glass roof (or convertible) in such a climate should order the lightest color seats that they can get. Even here in the Northeast we get sunny over 90-degree weather in the summer.

White car with white seats - good, black car with black seats - bad. Even with ventilation it takes time to cool.

I have black on black and the seats don’t bother me at all. Heat rejecting tint and AC work very well (for me at least).
All that said the cover looks pretty cool.

In my black / MSM heat rejecting tint, roof shade, and AC / preconditioning work very well for me. My windshield tint is not dark, so the only time I have heat issues is in late afternoon if I am driving west. In that situation I activate the passenger side vent and crank up the fan speed on the AC.

Still a cool product though (pun intended :D )

Keith

Amazon.com
I bought this, too, and I like it a lot. The air flow to my back tends to be weak because my seated body blocks air, but I just grab the steering wheel and lift myself off the seat a bit for a cool refresher. It might sound like a nuisance, but it gives me some control and the ability to feel cooler.