Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surround vehicle display limited v2.0 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The waxing waning nature of this problem is making me concerned that it may be difficult to discover while at the service station...

Or maybe even worse off a defective camera that just works just enough to pass for enhanced AP but not full self drive in the future X(

Same error message since my car received the ver. 9 upgrade, and it hasn't disappeared. Service centre reviewed logs and I have an appointment on Oct. 24th - apparently the review showed a "connection or camera issue" - it's a long wait to address a flashing yellow error message in my IC.

Dec. 2016, model s 75D Updated to ver. 9.0 on Oct 9, 2018. All has worked well on several trips over the last week until today. Took as short drive and this warning came up on the IC with a yellow triangle and a warning came up on the touch screen this one a red circle . both had an asterisk in the center. tried a reboot of both screens but nothing worked. I have put about 200 miles on the car since the update to ver 9.0. I will try to contact my SC in Dedham Ma tomorrow. very frustrating but I guess this is what happens with a computer on wheels.

My error message has disappeared. I still have a standing appointment with the SC... I wanted to know if I should cancel? I have a feeling that they will tell me nothing is wrong and I would have wasted a day driving to and from the SC...

Thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

I’ve been seeing this since Sunday. I called the main Tesla support number and was told it was my rear camera recalibrating. They said after 50 miles or so it would go away. I’ve driven nearly 200 since then and it’s still popping up every time. I called my local service center tonight to ask them, and they acted like this was the first they’d heard of it. They said they were going to have their techs do wireless diagnostics on my car and they’d let me know (and didn’t give me any kind of time frame on it). Hopefully I don’t have to take it in, I’m over an hour away from the service center and my Model 3 is only about 2 months old.

So, got V9 (39.7) and got the same error. Been driving around for a week and would not clear. Did both soft/hard reboot to no avail. One strange thing is that when I open the passenger door the message doesn't appear on the screen, but when I open the driver side door, the message instantly appears on the screen. Guess I'll have to take the car in again to get this looked at among other minor annoyances.

It took a wile for mine to calibrate and there was a status bar on the AP settings screen. It seemed to require different roads not just miles if you travel the same road. Otherwise it must be a camera connection or dirty lens

It took a wile for mine to calibrate and there was a status bar on the AP settings screen. It seemed to require different roads not just miles if you travel the same road. Otherwise it must be a camera connection or dirty lens
Thanks for the reply. I don't have AP and I've cleaned the lenses on all the cameras. I plan to wash the car today w/ ONR so I'll double check the cams again, thanks.

Hi guys. New to the site but unfortunately I had this same message come up today on my way home from work. Model 3 with 2400 miles and no issues up to this point. Finished my drive home about 30 more miles and tried a reset and brake reset and no luck. Guess I'll check back tomorrow and see if I need service? Its 50 miles to work each way so it should be a good test. May need to call service though.... :|

I have this on my 2017 MS100D. I'm on 39.6 for a couple weeks now but this message just started. It's very intermittent - just drove 150 miles without a problem. But I emailed the local SC. Based on looking remotely at my logs they say I need a "left repeater camera". They have it on order.

Great support from the Columbus, Ohio SC on every interaction so far. We'll see how long it takes to get the camera.

My brand new Model 3 updated to V9 today and after a drive I get the same error also now. I suppose I'll give Tesla a call tomorrow to see what they want me to do, but this does seem to be a wide-spread issue with V9 and the use of all cameras on board.

I had the same error message and called TSC. TSC had me confirm that I had cleaned the cameras and was still getting the error. After sending them a photo of the error message, TSC sent a recalibration code OTA and now everything works. TSC confirmed that this is a calibration issue.