Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surround view limited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my car is apparently done - just got a text.

My drivers seat was supposed to be replaced due to a manufacturers defect. Got this message

Well, let us know if "surround vehicle view limited' is fixed. I didnt get your point (was there a point?) about the seat replacement as it is (most likely) not related to "surround view limited" error and appears that CS is handling the issue. And, your phone can receive SMS Messages.

I seriously hope a little dirt won't affect the AP/FSD that much. (Queue the FSD ability discussion) I washed my car really well on Monday and I got the error message yesterday. The message goes away every time I shut off the car and comes on after about 5 minutes of driving. It didn't happen this morning though so maybe it magically cleaned/fixed itself.

I thought the same thing re: dirt and AP. I originally didn't even want to try cleaning them because it seemed silly. I'm sure there are other reasons people are seeing this message (camera alignment/etc), but in my specific case there was definitely something I couldn't easily see clouding up one of the camera lenses.

I've had the surround view limited error for as long as I've had V9. Error has stayed on across reboots and over 500 miles of driving. According to the support folks, it looks like one or both of the pillar cameras isn't working correctly. I'm setting up a service appointment to get one or both fixed but seems like it'll take a week or two.

I've had the surround view limited error for as long as I've had V9. Error has stayed on across reboots and over 500 miles of driving. According to the support folks, it looks like one or both of the pillar cameras isn't working correctly. I'm setting up a service appointment to get one or both fixed but seems like it'll take a week or two.

Service was able to fix my issue. One of the repeater cameras was defective

• Informative
Reactions: cameronr
I got mine fixed as well. The following is the description on the Description of Work.

Technician checked connections and reconnected camera and found alerts cleared and system working as designed. Technician suspects connection issue at Driver Assistance ECU caused alerts.

• Informative
Reactions: cameronr
I got mine fixed as well. The following is the description on the Description of Work.

Technician checked connections and reconnected camera and found alerts cleared and system working as designed. Technician suspects connection issue at Driver Assistance ECU caused alerts.

So it sounds like a fair percentage of AP2.0 and AP2.5 cars left the factory with 1 or more of the 4 side cameras unplugged