Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Survey: How and why the nag (AP V7.1) happens

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The nag is to interact with the steering wheel. It's not going to ask you to hold the wheel if it senses that you are already holding the wheel. This isn't a "Place both hands on the steering wheel" nag. One hand is enough, so I don't really understand the comments above.

The first is obvious--it won't nag if you have a hand on the wheel.

The second would be an unnecessary and not useful addition.

This isn't true. I rest my elbow on the door and rest my left hand gently only the wheel, with my index finger and thumb around the wheel. Most of the time, it's resting on the horizontal piece near the left scroll wheel. I still get the nags in 7.1. This is particularly annoying and, in my opinion, dangerous, because the nag appears and it forces me to nudge the wheel despite not needing it. Now, I'm admittedly holding the wheel very lightly, but I'm definitely holding it, ready to instantly take over. This happens repeatedly on a 50mph 3-lane highway with center barrier in NJ. I have my maximum speed set to +10. I haven't timed it yet but it's about every 5 minutes. On 7.0, I never saw a nag. If it detected lighter wheel holding, it wouldn't be so bad.

This isn't true. I rest my elbow on the door and rest my left hand gently only the wheel, with my index finger and thumb around the wheel. Most of the time, it's resting on the horizontal piece near the left scroll wheel. I still get the nags in 7.1. This is particularly annoying and, in my opinion, dangerous, because the nag appears and it forces me to nudge the wheel despite not needing it. Now, I'm admittedly holding the wheel very lightly, but I'm definitely holding it, ready to instantly take over. This happens repeatedly on a 50mph 3-lane highway with center barrier in NJ. I have my maximum speed set to +10. I haven't timed it yet but it's about every 5 minutes. On 7.0, I never saw a nag. If it detected lighter wheel holding, it wouldn't be so bad.
I do the same, you just need to adjust your touch to let the torque sensor feel a little bit of resistance. By that i mean when you feel the wheel is making fine adjustment, resist that adjustment lightly. No nag for me:wink:

I can deal with the lag, its the lie they told us about center dividers... Thats BS. Every road in South Florida is restricted unless you are on the highway. I've driven on 6 lane streets with a clear center divider and Auto pilot is still restricted to +5MPH over the speed limit. There isnt a person in all of FLorida who drives 5 miles over the speed limit...

To really top it off, South Florida has an abundance of schools zones (15MPH).... So Autopilot is limiting me to 20MPH on a 45MPH street in the middle of the day...

Auto Pilot is sorta useless now. Its a gimmick now just like summon.