Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[SURVEY] Model 3 Delivery Window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not. They aren't starting non-employee deliveries until the end of October. If they are still on that schedule I'd expect the first people to be invited to configure sometime in September.

With my Model X, I configured in January 2016 and received the car in May 2016. Tesla wants me to order the 3 in September and deliver the car in October? Just a month?

I am surprised the design studio still didn't open
Just because you didn't get an invite doesn't mean it isn't open. It is almost definitely open to employees that are getting their cars built over the next couple of months.

With my Model X, I configured in January 2016 and received the car in May 2016. Tesla wants me to order the 3 in September and deliver the car in October? Just a month?
With the reduced options for initial production scheduling is pretty simple so, yes, it is entirely possible that the turn-around is much quicker. And your October date is just an estimate anyway, it could easily be November or December.

I am running under the assumption that we really won't be "configuring" our car for manufacturing. Instead we'll be telling Tesla what car we want and they'll pull one as it comes off the manufacturing line that matches our configuration and give it to us. The configuration is so simplified that they'll be pumping out cars and fill orders as the car you chose becomes available. They'll have to tweak the numbers of each color/pup yes-no/lr-sr configuration as they go so they don't end up with too many of one configuration.

Reactions: Fiver