Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SURVEY: What, If Anything, Have You Done With Your Car's Brake Calipers? (For Models S, X, 3, & Y)

Please select what best matches the brake calipers on your Tesla car(s).

• 4. I have a NPC with aftermarket brakes installed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. For my NPC I purchased a Tesla red brake set from the Tesla Shop website.

• 7. For my NPC the stock calipers were removed, POWDER-COATED, and re-installed.

• 9. For my NPC the stock calipers were PAINTED ON THE CAR by a professional.

• 11. For my NPC caliper-covers were installed over the stock calipers.

• 12. Other (please elaborate, with photos, in a post, below).

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tps5352

Supporting Member
I meant to include a poll survey with the post Different Ways to Add Color to..., but I overlooked it at the time. This poll applies to all four of the (most recent) Tesla car models--S, X, 3, and Y. Feel free to post comments, photos of your projects, and links to other posts/threads. Although Models 3 & Y use different brake parts than Models S & X, the issues faced by owners in trying to improve their cars seem to be, for the most part, similar.

Four-Brembo set of Model S Performance Brakes.
Model 3 Brakes
Model S Brembo Brake

Last edited:
I remember years ago (1995-2005) visiting a Los Angeles art museum near the La Brea Tar Pits--must have been the Los Angeles County Museum of Art--where they happened to be having a special exhibition of California Hispanic/Latino/Latina art. When I arrived I was thinking, "Oh, I won't care for this."

It was fantastic.!!!!

All that color on the canvas; all that emotion on display in the automobiles; on various three-dimensional objects; on motorcycles. Amazing.

My point?

I have yet to see a modification to a Tesla car--to its wheels, its brake calipers, its external paint/wrap colors, you name it--that doesn't look exciting. It is an expression of the owner/driver. There is no "wrong."

Harwood-Museum-Taos-Vanderslice.jpeg
lowrider-show.jpg
1964_Chevrolet_Impala_Gypsy_Rose.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AplAddict