Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Survey: What Performance Parts Would You Want?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am curious to ask existing Roadster Owners what are parts they would want for their Roadster if the options were available. Take liquid cooled PEMs or any higher current options off the table. Let's be real. Here are some options that aren't prevalent:

Wheels
Upgraded Brakes
Handling Package
Limited Slip Diff
Lower Final Drive Gearing

Any thing else?

Those are some good ideas. I like the option for having alternative Wheels and Brakes since it seems like they're so few available.
What would a handling package include?
Lower final drive ratio seems interesting.

Here are some things that I have seen would be nice options:

- Complete Big brake kit with both upgraded rotors, pads, and calipers (4 piston).

- Maybe an option for line lock in a drag package.

- Upgraded water pump and PEM air cooling with Brushless motors for better endurance.

- better/ more readily available options for the HVAC controller and APS.

- if possible firmware updates for the VDS to expose more control over the cool down charging limits, and storage mode parameters. And allow the VDS to sleep while charging.

- Complete sound upgrade package including speakers and amplifier. It seems like there's quite a few options out there but it's hard to sort out what would fit seamlessly in the car.

These are just some ideas.

I realized that this survey asking for more performance survey parts so take off some of the ideas that are more akin to general usability or creature comforts.

-It would be great to see if there's a way to boost the vehicle cooling for the battery. Maybe offering a bigger more efficient radiator up front and having a water pump with a higher flow rate (brushless) . This is all to help prevent the overheating issues people that people have that limit them to just a few laps on the track.

If the handling package includes monoball bushings or urethane bushings. that would be nice to include as well.

There are a lot of carbon fiber parts out there wether through Medlock, Gruber, or more general Lotus stuff, but a complete package that offers gives the best value for weight savings would be nice. With some idea of actual weight savings that these parts offer. There are other parts of that could become lightweight that I don't think have been made yet. Things like the rear floor pan tray right in front of the bottom air diffuser is fairly heavy.

An aero package would be nice, with maybe a longer deeper front splitter to keep the front nose of the car down and a bigger diffuser out the rear.

Reactions: eHorses