Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Survey: Why did you pre-order a TESLA Model 3?

What were your TOP TWO REASONS for pre-ordering a TESLA Model 3?

• My concern for the ENVIRONMENT

Votes: 36 14.1%
  • I am always an EARLY ADOPTER and this is the wave of the future

Votes: 21 8.2%
  • It's the FREAKIN' COOLEST car out there... gas or electric

Votes: 35 13.7%
  • I believe in what ELON MUSK/TESLA is doing and I want to support him/TESLA

Votes: 109 42.7%
  • Model 3 is the only EV car that I BOTH truly lust after AND can afford

Votes: 85 33.3%
  • I just plain LOVE the car

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • The TECHNOLOGY/PERFORMANCE

Votes: 123 48.2%
  • Other

Votes: 21 8.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "best car available" is arguably the Model S, don't you agree?? :)

I have been thinking about used but the prices are still a little out of my 35K-40K budget. But I was thinking what might a used MS fetch two years from now... about the time I may be close to getting my reserved M3 built? That could make things more interesting. I live in Arizona where there is no sales tax on a used purchase from a private party sale, and if the tax incentives are mostly used up by then for the new cars, hmmm. Could the early S drop into the low 40's for resale in a couple years?

It's a Tesla! ... and I could sell it to my better half who was adamant that a new Model S was too expensive. She still thought it was crazy to reserve sight unseen. I figure it's a foot in the door until it's time to replace the SUV and by then I might be able to sell her on a CPO Model X vs her preferred Expedition.

I'm hoping that by the time the 3 comes out there will be a semi-autonomous capability with the car. I am hoping to replace my parent's ICE with a the 3. This way they'll never have to worry about getting gas, oil changes, emissions testing, etc... And it would still give them the freedom and mobility in a much safer vehicle than their current ICE.

Since I would own it I could monitor their charge with my smartphone, keep it topped off and potentially help them drive it remotely! ;) Heck, if we can tether the Teslas with bluetooth or something, we could even road-trip together on autopilot... How cool would that be!

That assumes I've ditched my ICE for an X or S... if not, that 3 is mine! :D

Had to change my vote.. Tech!