TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Surveys? You would think Tesla would survey model 3 res holders

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by CT200h, Jan 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CT200h

CT200h Member

Lots of useful information could be used to streamline production and order preferences, options etc.

All companies survey potential buyers, you would think Tesla could tap all the data we would willingly provide and avoid mistakes on options, bundles etc.

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Since the first cars will be delivered to employees, they have a large group to ping for data without doing so publicly.

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. CT200h

CT200h Member

I'm sure they will use the info from the early employee owners, but what I am referring to is data and preferences they could use in production planning.
    Now early configuration data will help, but by then lots of decisions have been made.

I'm talking right now type of surveys to the thousands who are future buyers, it's an unusual situation for a car co.
    Knowing exactly who will buy your car.

4. jsmay311

jsmay311 Member

Sounds like something that would/could only happen after the next reveal when people know what the options are and have an idea about pricing.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  5. alexeiw123

alexeiw123 Member

On the reservation page it says this:

upload_2017-1-27_11-0-38.png

As far as I know, that's the only official statement on feedback for the model 3.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. Rene Cochran

Rene Cochran New Member

Agreed, we all will provide a buyers expectations for a $35000 car and compromise what it takes to keep it at $35k!

7. Rene Cochran

Rene Cochran New Member

Agreed, we all will provide a buyers expectations for a $35000 car and compromise what it takes to keep it at $35k!

8. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

They can't make any production decisions until they know exactly what people are going to order, and they won't know that until people start to configure which won't be for several months probably. Sure you could ask people what they want right now, or after we find out what the options are, but there is nothing preventing people from changing their minds.

I'm sure the line they are developing will be flexible enough that they can schedule and change configurations pretty easily and still keep production moving.

9. Trips

Trips Member

Where did you get that or are you an employee in Australia? I am more curious about the date and not the wording. That would be the earliest reservation I have seen unless Australia puts the day/month/year.

10. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

Yes, Australia and New Zealand (as well as many other countries) use the form dd/mm/yyyy. So his browser is configured to display the date that way.

11. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

Who knows, but they will certainly get some good data when they start inviting people to configure their car. Doing so doesn't lock Tesla into delivering a car at a specific time, and it provides insight into how the manufacturing should be optimally tooled.

12. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

The majority of the world uses day month year. Separators also vary as / . - or <space>.

Date format by country - Wikipedia

13. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

OP: Tesla does not use traditional advertising. As such, they do not use traditional means of information gathering. No focus groups, no surveys, no targeted ads, just good products that speak for themselves. It seems to be working fine so far. Give it a chance.

14. timk225

timk225 Member

There's only one right way to write dates. Month / Day / Year.

The 'Merica way!

• Funny x 1
  15. JoaoD

JoaoD Member

I'm pretty sure Tesla has seen Model3Tracker.info and that gives them plenty of information that surveys wouldn't give them since they are so XX century and they wouldn't reach so many people because they are boring to fill.

• Like x 1
  16. alexeiw123

alexeiw123 Member

Just a normal Australian reservation done online before the reveal. That's under the picture of the model 3 once logged in on 'my tesla'.

DD/MM/YYYY