Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surveys? You would think Tesla would survey model 3 res holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of useful information could be used to streamline production and order preferences, options etc.

All companies survey potential buyers, you would think Tesla could tap all the data we would willingly provide and avoid mistakes on options, bundles etc.

Lots of useful information could be used to streamline production and order preferences, options etc.

All companies survey potential buyers, you would think Tesla could tap all the data we would willingly provide and avoid mistakes on options, bundles etc.
Since the first cars will be delivered to employees, they have a large group to ping for data without doing so publicly.

I'm sure they will use the info from the early employee owners, but what I am referring to is data and preferences they could use in production planning.
Now early configuration data will help, but by then lots of decisions have been made.

I'm talking right now type of surveys to the thousands who are future buyers, it's an unusual situation for a car co.
Knowing exactly who will buy your car.

On the reservation page it says this:

upload_2017-1-27_11-0-38.png

As far as I know, that's the only official statement on feedback for the model 3.

Agreed, we all will provide a buyers expectations for a $35000 car and compromise what it takes to keep it at $35k!

... what I am referring to is data and preferences they could use in production planning.
Now early configuration data will help, but by then lots of decisions have been made.
They can't make any production decisions until they know exactly what people are going to order, and they won't know that until people start to configure which won't be for several months probably. Sure you could ask people what they want right now, or after we find out what the options are, but there is nothing preventing people from changing their minds.

I'm sure the line they are developing will be flexible enough that they can schedule and change configurations pretty easily and still keep production moving.

On the reservation page it says this:

upload_2017-1-27_11-0-38-png.212159

As far as I know, that's the only official statement on feedback for the model 3.

Where did you get that or are you an employee in Australia? I am more curious about the date and not the wording. That would be the earliest reservation I have seen unless Australia puts the day/month/year.

Where did you get that or are you an employee in Australia? I am more curious about the date and not the wording. That would be the earliest reservation I have seen unless Australia puts the day/month/year.
Yes, Australia and New Zealand (as well as many other countries) use the form dd/mm/yyyy. So his browser is configured to display the date that way.

Who knows, but they will certainly get some good data when they start inviting people to configure their car. Doing so doesn't lock Tesla into delivering a car at a specific time, and it provides insight into how the manufacturing should be optimally tooled.

OP: Tesla does not use traditional advertising. As such, they do not use traditional means of information gathering. No focus groups, no surveys, no targeted ads, just good products that speak for themselves. It seems to be working fine so far. Give it a chance.