Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My garage is in the basement and if I'm not good about cleaning up the leaves in my trenched driveway then then can clog up the storm drain if it rains hard. Once a year or so I end up with some water in my garage — never fun.

After several months of charging via 120V on an extension cord, I finally got a 14-50 installed a few months back. I've been tinkering with the setup since then and finally got it to a spot I'm happy with.

The UMC is up off the ground, away from the wet and the dirt and the errant feet. The arm (scrap wood) moves both the excess cord coil and hanging handle slack out of the rear door's opening, under the opened garage door, and closer to the rear for easy access for charging — just reach up. UMC is still easy to take down and pack up or if needed.

B601FD0E-8EE8-4E1B-BED8-C3BA71E83E96.jpeg
4476AA59-515D-4DE6-BCA5-BD82D761BBED.jpeg
798D13F0-A214-46AB-95C3-A79C7D5B0CFF.jpeg
A5D5F1EA-6169-4CCA-AC9B-9DF8E5F4CEA5.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a sensible solution for the charger. Haver you considered a submersible pump for the garage? With a float switch and piped to a drain, it might avoid the worst of any flooding.
I put it a water sensor for my home automation system and have been getting more diligent about clearing the leaves (and springtime oak tree flower strings). Thankfully it takes a monster rainstorm to cause a bad backup, usually enough to wake me from my slumber.

Very functional and elegant. Nice. Great way to deal with the garage door hogging up your charging real estate.
One thought: you're asking a lot of that single screw joining the 2x2's. I'm guessing you'll be upgrading that joint with external bracing in a few months.

Very functional and elegant. Nice. Great way to deal with the garage door hogging up your charging real estate.
One thought: you're asking a lot of that single screw joining the 2x2's. I'm guessing you'll be upgrading that joint with external bracing in a few months.
There are two screws coming in from the other side and good ole cyanoacrylate bonding it.

Reactions: Enginerd