TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Suspension bushings (Delrin vs. PUR vs. rubber)

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by JaniR, Dec 2, 2019.

1. JaniR

JaniR New Member

Hellou hellou..

My first post ever, and immediately going for upgrading my ride.

So the issue.. Basically it's only for the material issue. When speaking of suspension parts, it's never simple and straightforward, so i have to ask for bigger crowd. I live in Finland, and we have fairly small Tesla-community, and even smaller when speaking of "DIY"..
    I'm trying to figure out which material should i use to replace specified bushing. To gain as good as possible and "comfy" ride. With Delrin or PUR it's nearly impossible.. :D Stiffer ride, but without loosing the hole range of driving comfort.

I haven't even been able to find ANY aftermarket parts, that fits in. Not even single one. So probably i have to make these parts by myself?!?!

Have you, or do you know who has done some bushing upgrades in Tesla? Or do i have to go with "try'n-error". ;)

There are some parts that cannot be swapped to any other than rubber. But there's a lot to improve.

This issue came, when i quoted new bushings. Tesla won't sell bushings, only new control arms with new bushing..

2. dark cloud

dark cloud Active Member

There is this: read the whole thread for at least another suggestion