Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension bushings (Delrin vs. PUR vs. rubber)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hellou hellou..

My first post ever, and immediately going for upgrading my ride.

So the issue.. Basically it's only for the material issue. When speaking of suspension parts, it's never simple and straightforward, so i have to ask for bigger crowd. I live in Finland, and we have fairly small Tesla-community, and even smaller when speaking of "DIY"..
I'm trying to figure out which material should i use to replace specified bushing. To gain as good as possible and "comfy" ride. With Delrin or PUR it's nearly impossible.. :D Stiffer ride, but without loosing the hole range of driving comfort.

I haven't even been able to find ANY aftermarket parts, that fits in. Not even single one. So probably i have to make these parts by myself?!?!

Have you, or do you know who has done some bushing upgrades in Tesla? Or do i have to go with "try'n-error". ;)

There are some parts that cannot be swapped to any other than rubber. But there's a lot to improve.

This issue came, when i quoted new bushings. Tesla won't sell bushings, only new control arms with new bushing..