Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension changes displayed on Instrument Cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few days ago I noticed a display notification on my instrument cluster in green that my suspension had either raised or lowered (one or the other). I don’t remember seeing this notification in the past and I haven’t had a software update since last month (2020.28.5). Today, I tried to manually change my suspension to see if it would display on my IC but it did not. Has anyone else had this experience? I have a non-Raven 2018 100D.

If it said "suspension raising based on location" that has been there forever. It automatically remembers places you have raised the car and if you slow down at that spot again it raises back up again.

Test it out in your garage. Before you plug in raise the suspension to Highest and the next time you come home the car will automatically raise as you drive up to the house.

If it said "suspension raising based on location" that has been there forever. It automatically remembers places you have raised the car and if you slow down at that spot again it raises back up again.

Test it out in your garage. Before you plug in raise the suspension to Highest and the next time you come home the car will automatically raise as you drive up to the house.
To further confuse things, a recent update made it so that it doesn't automatically remember locations if you adjust ride height. Now, like the side folding mirror option in the quick settings of the menu, you must select the option to remember manually. IMO this is the better solution to avoid confusion exactly like what the OP is experiencing.

To further confuse things, a recent update made it so that it doesn't automatically remember locations if you adjust ride height. Now, like the side folding mirror option in the quick settings of the menu, you must select the option to remember manually. IMO this is the better solution to avoid confusion exactly like what the OP is experiencing.
I dont understand,.....do you mean we have to do it each time we stop at each location. If is, does it remember this place so we dont have to do it each time we go there....thanks

Previous behavior:
Whenever your raise your car it automatically remembers that height and attaches it to that location. It gave you a pop-up that times out to manually tell it not to remember this location. Each time you changed the height you had to opt-out of remembering unless you wanted it to remember that location. Then, every time you go to that location again at a lower height it automatically raises to the preset height. It gives you a pop-up warning and a few seconds to try to find the "do not raise" opt-out button in the menu but doesn't give you enough time before it reacts automatically.

New behavior:
It doesn't remember the location unless you tell it to do so at the same time you change the ride height via a little opt-in pop-up next to the ride height adjustment. If you opt-in it will auto-raise at that location each time just like it always did in the past once it saved.

Previous behavior:
Whenever your raise your car it automatically remembers that height and attaches it to that location. It gave you a pop-up that times out to manually tell it not to remember this location. Each time you changed the height you had to opt-out of remembering unless you wanted it to remember that location. Then, every time you go to that location again at a lower height it automatically raises to the preset height. It gives you a pop-up warning and a few seconds to try to find the "do not raise" opt-out button in the menu but doesn't give you enough time before it reacts automatically.

New behavior:
It doesn't remember the location unless you tell it to do so at the same time you change the ride height via a little opt-in pop-up next to the ride height adjustment. If you opt-in it will auto-raise at that location each time just like it always did in the past once it saved.
thank you my friend....ill try it in the driveway today

thank you my friend....ill try it in the driveway today
Important note: the previous/new behavior change I reference is in a current update that is being pushed out to cars randomly now. For instance, one of our Model S's has had the "new behavior" I reference for weeks now. One of our other cars still has the "previous behavior" I referenced in the previous post and has no updates currently waiting. Not sure what the difference there is as to which cars get what but it should also be noted that the car that received the new air suspension update also got another firmware update in the time the other car is still waiting for the previous update with the new suspension changes... if that makes sense.

The easy way to tell visually is that the "New Behavior" version of the menu will have a slider bar that goes up and down with the approximate heights at each setting. It will be a newer looking menu if you're used to the way it looked for years. The "old behavior" I referenced above still looks the same with four separate squares that say "Low" "Standard" "High" and "Very High" that you use to adjust the height of the car... no reference to measurements for each of these settings unlike the new version.

Important note: the previous/new behavior change I reference is in a current update that is being pushed out to cars randomly now. For instance, one of our Model S's has had the "new behavior" I reference for weeks now. One of our other cars still has the "previous behavior" I referenced in the previous post and has no updates currently waiting. Not sure what the difference there is as to which cars get what but it should also be noted that the car that received the new air suspension update also got another firmware update in the time the other car is still waiting for the previous update with the new suspension changes... if that makes sense.

The easy way to tell visually is that the "New Behavior" version of the menu will have a slider bar that goes up and down with the approximate heights at each setting. It will be a newer looking menu if you're used to the way it looked for years. The "old behavior" I referenced above still looks the same with four separate squares that say "Low" "Standard" "High" and "Very High" that you use to adjust the height of the car... no reference to measurements for each of these settings unlike the new version.
Gracias

Reactions: Ostrichsak