Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Clearances for Wider / Taller tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone has installed a 285 on a 20" wheel on a stock MYP square set up? Given that 285 40 20 will be 29" in overall diameter, waiting to hear back from folks who may have considered it on stock Model Y performance square set up

Anyone has installed a 285 on a 20" wheel on a stock MYP square set up? Given that 285 40 20 will be 29" in overall diameter, waiting to hear back from folks who may have considered it on stock Model Y performance square set up
That size should work just fine according to TireSize.

Reactions: aparan
265/40 front and 295/40 rear. Bridgestone Alenza AS Ultra's just installed. No rubbing at all in the front at full turn, probly half a cm of clearance
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 3.02.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 3.02.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 3.02.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 3.02.56 PM.png

Nice! @Canyonero 👆🏻 How is your clearance in the rear? Done any testing under load?
I haven't loaded up the vehicle, just me and two pups in the back. Don't really know what to measure in the rear for clearance but no issues at all there.
I'm curious too whether that's going to rub when entering a driveway or hitting dips or bumps in a turn.
Haven't driven a ton on them yet and haven't gone over any speed bumps, but driving around town hitting minor bumps here and there and going up and down colorado driveway curbs I haven't had any issues whatsoever.

Only thing I've noticed is more road noise compared to the Michelin's that came on the car but nothing crazy. And that obviously has nothing to do with the size.

Reactions: mmatlock
So I just bought my wife a MYP and she want to use her current Vossen wheels if possibly. They are 22x9 +32 square. According to willtheyfit seems like they will fit well with only 2mm more poke in the front, and 6mm more inset in the rear. My question is around tires, will 265/35/22 fit in the front? I know it will in the rear. I thought I saw someone running this setup but can’t find the thread