Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension compressor disable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 model x here. I've got this consistent issue where the suspension compressor disable alert comes up. When this happens, the suspension will not raise or lower.

It all started couple months back when the car will randomly raises itself at a stop light but no error message. Brought it to the SC for a check and they said nothing wrong with the system and they have retorqued all bolts to epec. On the way home, this message popped up. Dropped it to SC the second time after a month wait (first available appointment) after 2 weeks of check they said they've got the head technician to take a look and consulted with the engineer to conclude that no issue whatsoever, just a software glitch.

I find this really unacceptable with no fix insight. Same as the park assist unavailable alert that the fix "might" come in the future. If we can't even trust the sensor to work correctly in the car, are we suppose to trust the autopilot let along the FSD!?

I also have this loud creaking sound when maneuvering the car when steering wheel turning all the way to the ends which started also around the same time the suspension goes coocoo. Solution is that they have checked it against other model x and it's having the same sound so it's acceptable to them. They put in a shim on the second service and it didn't help either.

I searched and don't see threads where people have the same issues, are you guys just living with it and ignoring it ? Or should I try a different sc?
20211003_174814.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
A concern I have it things that work get broken with a software download, as the Park Assist thing wasn't there originally and the bug came in a June software update. Tesla better get their poop together and care about existing owners and fix this stuff they broke. Otherwise the advantage of Over The Air Updates goes away if you can't trust the update to not break YOUR expensive car.

That said the posters problem seems to be just with his car, not wide spread.

Reactions: Art VandeIay
I got that error once. After I left the car for 15 minutes, and rebooted once back in, the error went away. Seemed to be some sort of software glitch, rather than an actual problem with the car's air suspension.

So my issue is that it doesn't just happen once, it pops up every couple hours and sometimes consistently.

Do you guys observe air suspension randomly raises at stoplight ? It's not one of those air suspension rise for your comfort. The suspension just airs up randomly when the car is stopped without any messages on norm city streets.

Yep, the random raising of the front is annoying, as is "Park Assist Not Available". The latter happens on the freeway every few MINUTES!!! then it won't happen "for a while" (days) then you'll get another few days when it makes you CRAZY! Make it stop!

2019 Model X P100D here and I just had the same error occur this morning for the first time since owning the car. I’m away from home on a road trip which has me more worried than I’d be if I were just driving closer to where I live. We have another couple driving with us, so it’s a little embarrassing — especially after I told them how wonderfully reliable these cars are (or at least mine has been until now). Appreciate the tip above about rebooting. tried that immediately after the alert was displayed and the alert popped up again as soon as the screen recovered from the reboot. Will give it a little more time and will try rebooting again.

I’ve had the same issue happen from time to time (2021 MX pre-refresh). I’ve found if I can park the car and get out, when the car “restarts” (push the brake pedal), the alert goes away and everything functions normally. If I don’t get the screen on the binnacle dash that reads “car off,” and then step on the brake, the trick doesn’t work.

So my issue is that it doesn't just happen once, it pops up every couple hours and sometimes consistently.

Do you guys observe air suspension randomly raises at stoplight ? It's not one of those air suspension rise for your comfort. The suspension just airs up randomly when the car is stopped without any messages on norm city streets.
My suspension raises the front end when stopped for more than a couple of seconds. My assumption is the car lowers the front end when traveling at speed for aerodynamic purposes and then levels the car when stopped.

I have a mx 2020 . I got that compressor disabled error ..i looked into the hidden logs with the toolbox 3.0..i found a leaking air spring error but it doesn't tell me which one .I assume that's what's causing the error . i haven't leak checked the air lines could be that instead of the spring itself

Same error code here. Tesla just swapped the front shocks. A month later the error showed up. Does not sees like anything is leaning or sagging.
You really need the hidden service logs to see if it says spring module leaking the toolbox 3 can put it in service plus mode and you can watch the logs live I did see a service tip about the efuse module and air compressor it stated that the efuse module could be acting up ..on the new model x pre refresh it uses the efuse module not a relay

I’ve had so many issues with the air suspension on my 2018 MX! I don’t know what’s going on with it now but it feels like the front driver side tire is bouncing. It was just serviced 4 months ago, replacing the air compressors for the 3rd time. It only has 25k miles on it. So frustrating! I have an appointment in 2 weeks but I’m afraid to drive it! I paid $100k for a car that I can’t drive!! And I never get a loaner anymore so I have to use Uber which is hard when your a single parent!

I saw many X owners said it's leaking in air suspension system.
However, I have a different theory why it happened.
Due to MX shuddering issue, SC advised to run MX at lower height.
This is the problem. MX will lower height while driving and raise back to standard setting.
This caused air compressor to run more than normal which might cause it failed as the same as all other air compressors.
When I got from half shafts replaced, I decided to set lower while driving. Then we started notice air compressor running while we didn't notice at all before.

You really need the hidden service logs to see if it says spring module leaking the toolbox 3 can put it in service plus mode and you can watch the logs live I did see a service tip about the efuse module and air compressor it stated that the efuse module could be acting up ..on the new model x pre refresh it uses the efuse module not a relay
For me it ended up just being a blown compressor fuse..

Compressor error still popping up from time to time. I will have to check the toolbox thing.

Update on the creaking, I've finally got it fixed last week after many visits. Including a link replacement fixed most of it but becomes a popping sound when turning to the extreme.

This is the service note, Removed skid plate and HV battery plate. Cleaned and insulated with foam.

Compressor error still popping up from time to time. I will have to check the toolbox thing.

Update on the creaking, I've finally got it fixed last week after many visits. Including a link replacement fixed most of it but becomes a popping sound when turning to the extreme.

This is the service note, Removed skid plate and HV battery plate. Cleaned and insulated with foam.
On the raven models they don’t have a regular fuse for the air compressor it’s the efuse module that cuts the power to the compressor the efuse could be bad or the compressor it self could be overworked the power off button in the safety menu will reset it right away .. hard to diagnose if it’s the efuse or the compressor it sometimes can be both according to tesla article