Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Height - P3D vs. P3D+ vs. RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my P3D without performance package at the end of July. When parked next to RWD cars at the delivery center, it was pretty obvious that my car was lowered slightly (when I ordered it, the performance upgrade package did not list lowered suspension as an upgrade). I'd be curious what other people's ride height measurements are, especially the P3D+. I measured from the top of the fender/wheel well to the ground as well as to the center of the cap (to eliminate differences in tire diameter). Here's what I got - note I'm including all 4 wheels b/c there's a 1/4" variation; sad!

RF (right front): 15 3/4" to center of cap; 28 1/4" to ground
LF: 15 5/8" to center of cap; 28" to ground
RR: 15 3/4" to center of cap; 28 1/4" to ground
LR: 15 7/8" to center of cap; 28 3/8" to ground

(example picture attached for how I measured to the cap)
rideheight measure.jpg

I received my P3D without performance package at the end of July. When parked next to RWD cars at the delivery center, it was pretty obvious that my car was lowered slightly (when I ordered it, the performance upgrade package did not list lowered suspension as an upgrade). I'd be curious what other people's ride height measurements are, especially the P3D+. I measured from the top of the fender/wheel well to the ground as well as to the center of the cap (to eliminate differences in tire diameter). Here's what I got - note I'm including all 4 wheels b/c there's a 1/4" variation; sad!

RF (right front): 15 3/4" to center of cap; 28 1/4" to ground
LF: 15 5/8" to center of cap; 28" to ground
RR: 15 3/4" to center of cap; 28 1/4" to ground
LR: 15 7/8" to center of cap; 28 3/8" to ground

(example picture attached for how I measured to the cap)View attachment 325542
Dude, you measured your car, but not the RWD model next to it as a control? And you took a picture of a 1970s Jeep for illustration? I know this is not your day job. You should probably keep it that way :)

Dude, you measured your car, but not the RWD model next to it as a control? And you took a picture of a 1970s Jeep for illustration? I know this is not your day job. You should probably keep it that way :)

Err... I measured my car just now, two weeks after receiving it. I didn't have a tape measure at the delivery center when I picked it up. And I used the jeep illustration b/c it was the first clear diagram I could pull off google images without having to make my own.

That all said - you're still right - I make no claim to be good at this :)!

Err... I measured my car just now, two weeks after receiving it. I didn't have a tape measure at the delivery center when I picked it up. And I used the jeep illustration b/c it was the first clear diagram I could pull off google images without having to make my own.

That all said - you're still right - I make no claim to be good at this :)!

Yeah, you really screwed up.

Everyone knows you go to delivery with a tape measure, and a pair of calipers to measure panel gaps.

:p

I took my car to the service center today (for an unrelated issue) and they confirmed that the bolts are totally normal - they were necessary for mounting when the car was getting built I believe.
I'm sorry, but that can't possibly be the case. The panels that line up perfectly with these bolts, or holes missing hardware, are loose. I'll definitely be looking to put some hardware on/in them.

Just got my P3D+ and I think they installed the wrong spring on the back of the car.

tire pressure 42psi, very small incline in my garage.

Right Front: 28 1/8" to ground
Left Front: 28 1/8" to ground
Right Rear: 28 3/4" to ground
Left Rear: 28 3/4" to ground

the front matches SupersonicP3D but the rear is way off. Could someone with P3D+ please provide measurement from wheel well to the ground? I might need some data to take with me to the SC.

thanks in advance.

AFAIK there's been no evidence the springs are any different on the P (or the shocks for that matter)
I am thinking they need to swap out the incorrect spring for the correct one

AFAIK there's still no evidence there is any such thing as different springs on any Model 3.

The drop is very small, and could easily be just the 20" wheels swapped-out control arms to correct wheel geometry.

If they were actually going to go to the trouble to develop and test, and have the manufacturing and supply chain hassle, of entirely different springs and shocks they'd likely have given it more than a 0.39 inch drop in the first place.