Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension is broken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, guys, I noticed my model s wasn't driving normal a good 5-6 months ago never thought anything of it about 3 months ago I went to tesla and told them to check everything they said everything is normal. I take the car home and I'm not happy with their answer I take it back again and make a tech drive it and he says its the winter tires and it's normal but I tell him to check over the suspension and they do. The steering wheel is vibrating but not super hard all the wheels are road forced balanced and it is aligned. Point is I went to tesla about 3-4 times stating the car is not driving as it should also this is a non air suspension car. today I go to a trusted high end tire shop and they find what's wrong. Would this be covered under warranty? I made an appointment with tesla already. On the right side of the car(nondriver side) both front and rear suspension are messed up.

Dropbox - Car - Simplify your life

I looked at the photos and don’t understand. Can you explain what you think is wrong.

I’ve also taken my car in for vibration and had them say it was nothing. Finally got them to replace the axles. They also changed the sway bar end links at my request and it was much better. And some wheel rubbing on the inner fender was cured...

Definitely got some play in the bushings, but your post title is incorrect; nothing broken apparently. What year car and how many miles?

@sorka has some experience with the suspension, maybe he can chime in as to how much play is acceptable.

I looked at the photos and don’t understand. Can you explain what you think is wrong.

I’ve also taken my car in for vibration and had them say it was nothing. Finally got them to replace the axles. They also changed the sway bar end links at my request and it was much better. And some wheel rubbing on the inner fender was cured...
the upper control a
Definitely got some play in the bushings, but your post title is incorrect; nothing broken apparently. What year car and how many miles?

@sorka has some experience with the suspension, maybe he can chime in as to how much play is acceptable.
i mean the car just does not feel like its supposed to i cant relax when i drive i have to steer a lot because the vibrations and its a 2016 with 44k miles

I see. The video is better. Rubber in the control arm bushing is torn. Yeah, should be a straightforward warranty repair. Sad that Tesla turned you away.

Don’t know what your money situation is, but I’d pay to have it replaced even if Tesla won’t warranty it. Just not worth the risk and diminish handling. If that happens, ask for them to return the old part. It’s your right when you pay for the repair. Then post more photos. Or tweet ...

I see. The video is better. Rubber in the control arm bushing is torn. Yeah, should be a straightforward warranty repair. Sad that Tesla turned you away.

Don’t know what your money situation is, but I’d pay to have it replaced even if Tesla won’t warranty it. Just not worth the risk and diminish handling. If that happens, ask for them to return the old part. It’s your right when you pay for the repair. Then post more photos. Or tweet ...
If I have to pay for it then imma sell it privately and get a model y maybe.

If Tesla does this repair under warranty, they probably will want to keep the original part. Can simply press another bushing in and use it as a repair part for the next guy.

If they have the equipment, they may also just press in a new bushing and get you back on the road.

Agree that your "suspension is broken" title is click bait, and way too dramatic for this situation.