Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had random "thunk" sounds coming from the front of the vehicle when turning the steering wheel that happened pretty sporadically a few months ago. It happens less so now, but I've recently noticed that when I accelerate, the steering wheel slightly tilts to the right but the car tilts slightly to the left, and when i decelerate, I notice the opposite where the steering wheel slightly tilts left while the vehicle moves a little to the right. Any ideas what is causing this? I had gotten my car alignment done recently (not at Tesla service center), and they noticed the same thing and mentioned that it is an issue with the suspension. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, when accelerating hard on the freeway, I notice some vibration sound from the front of the vehicle. These issues related to each other?

I have the exact same problem on my late 2019 MX. This is after jack shaft replacements, new tires x 4, and upper control arm bushings repacked, and now this. Also vibrates on deceleration. Vibration was at first on front right and now is from front left. Seems to be more worse when cold and almost normal after it warms up. I wonder if it is the front axle U joint on the left. Maybe even a faulty motor or gear box. Have scheduled 3rd service visit for front end vibration issue. FYI, had premature tire wear and 'cupping' that may have also been secondary to this problem. Never had this problem w 2016 MX but that had a rear vibration problem that was never fully resolved. I wonder if the refresh X is any better. Too soon to say.

I have the exact same problem on my late 2019 MX. This is after jack shaft replacements, new tires x 4, and upper control arm bushings repacked, and now this. Also vibrates on deceleration. Vibration was at first on front right and now is from front left. Seems to be more worse when cold and almost normal after it warms up. I wonder if it is the front axle U joint on the left. Maybe even a faulty motor or gear box. Have scheduled 3rd service visit for front end vibration issue. FYI, had premature tire wear and 'cupping' that may have also been secondary to this problem. Never had this problem w 2016 MX but that had a rear vibration problem that was never fully resolved. I wonder if the refresh X is any better. Too soon to say.
I have the raven 2019 Model X as well. The service center did all that work under warranty right?

Yes, under warranty 100% but I paid in full for all 4 tires even though likely that some of the unusual wear "cupping" was likely secondary to the vibration but hard to prove and not likely to get any tire warranty coverage regardless. I knew it would simplify both the trouble shooting and verification of the repair of the tires were newly replaced.