Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Keeps me in Suspense

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
Somehow, my Model X seemed to think it needed to raise my suspension to "Very High" whenever it felt like it. While some might attribute this behavior to the fact that pot is legal here in Washington State, I suspect it has more to do with the snowstorm we had over a year ago. I do recall a 30" snowstorm (rare for Redmond), and setting the suspension to Very High on an unplowed street. Since I don't usually return home on this street, I didn't correlate the fact I had returned home that way when the car switched to very high. When I got home, I remember telling it to go back to Standard on several occasions, but it kept reverting until I realized what was triggering it. When I figured this out, I returned to the street and s l o w l y crept along until I saw the "raising height" notice. Then, I had to take my eyes off the road in traffic, find the suspension menu, and press Standard. What a royal PITA. The service techs say they can't reset any of these. So I'll have to revisit every place in North America where I set a custom height and reset it there. Isn't that special.

It would be nice if we could be given the ability in the iPhone app to see these locations and reset them. Is that too much to ask?