Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have experience installing the updated rear upper suspension links?
I've just got the parts. They look different from the original one on the car (70D) so I am not sure how to install them.
In the picture, you see the casted 1H and 2H on them, which I assume mark the left and right side, but which is which?
Also, you can see on all the links, both upper and lower, there are dimples (what are they called?) on the bushing of one end but not the other. Does the 'dimpled' end attached to the knuckle or the other end?

Sorry if this has been posted before. I couldn't find it.

Cheer!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 1.17.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 1.17.22 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
Here's an excellent topic by @zwede :

Fixed: Loose rear end (pulls right accelerating, left on regen)

I had the same issue, wobbly rear end. You could feel the car moving slightly sideways when accelerating, then moving to other direction on decel. Really annoying and unsafe feeling, especially after noticing that there really is noticeable play on rear wheels.. you could grab the wheel and twist it back and forth.

All the parts should be identical left or right. Dunno what the 1H and 2H markings mean, maybe they are from different manufacturing batch?

At least on toe links, the dimple side goes where the toe adjustment is. Exactly that was my problem, old links didn't have dimples so the toe adjustment was moving wildly..

You need to cut the inner bolts when replacing toe links, but your set seems to include new ones so you are good there.. other links are easy to replace.

Here's an excellent topic by @zwede :

Fixed: Loose rear end (pulls right accelerating, left on regen)

I had the same issue, wobbly rear end. You could feel the car moving slightly sideways when accelerating, then moving to other direction on decel. Really annoying and unsafe feeling, especially after noticing that there really is noticeable play on rear wheels.. you could grab the wheel and twist it back and forth.

All the parts should be identical left or right. Dunno what the 1H and 2H markings mean, maybe they are from different manufacturing batch?

At least on toe links, the dimple side goes where the toe adjustment is. Exactly that was my problem, old links didn't have dimples so the toe adjustment was moving wildly..

You need to cut the inner bolts when replacing toe links, but your set seems to include new ones so you are good there.. other links are easy to replace.

Thanks for the info.
What did you cut the bolt with?
I want to have the right tools before start taking it apart.
I was ready to lower the subframe, but cutting the bolt sounds easier.