Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension noise in cold weather over speed bumps (with video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting a creaking sound going over speed bumps in cold weather only. Happened last winter and again this winter. Set up a service appt, but am concerned that if it's not cold that day, I won't be able to reproduce.

I have uploaded two videos, can anyone help diagnose so I can go to SC with more info?

Thank you.

I am getting a creaking sound going over speed bumps in cold weather only. Happened last winter and again this winter. Set up a service appt, but am concerned that if it's not cold that day, I won't be able to reproduce.

I have uploaded two videos, can anyone help diagnose so I can go to SC with more info?

It's a little hard to judge faint sounds on a video clip, but if yours are getting louder and start resembling the ones I had documented (below), then you are to join the infamous upper control arm failure club. Mine went at 28K miles.
If not, give it time, and you will join soon. Membership is included free with Model 3 purchase:

HTH,
a

I just got an estimate back from a local independent shop that adding Teslas to their specialties. They found play in the right front lower rearward control arm ball joint. The total cost is almost $1800. They replace the control arm ball joints in pairs so they'll do both front ones, and a alignment is required so that's all included in the price.