Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension noise? Serious?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 M3
Yesterday the car suddenly started making high pitched noises and it felt weird to drive but I can’t pin point exactly what about it.

The noises are from the front of the car but can’t pin point where.

Today the noises are much more.
I have being experiencing loud high pitched noises when I steer left or right, when going over things (say to a drive from a lower height road, or a a bump) or when pressing the accelerator or slightly releasing it.

I sent it to to Tesla support per their request and they believe it is the car’s suspension.

Requested service per their advice, but I don’t have a date yet.

Nothing special happened before the noises started.. it was sudden.

No potholes or speed humps ( i either avoid them or go very slowly on them) so I can’t explain why this may have happened.

I have a 4hr round trip this Sunday and I’m concerned about the safety of the car as they said it could get worse quickly..

What do you guys think?

Upper control arms are a common repair on our cars. The ball joint tends to lose its grease and squeak like crazy. That's probably your issue. As long as you're under warranty, it won't cost you anything.
Ahhhh I see.
It sound like I won’t be able to get in for service for a while as I need a loaner..
Is it dangerous to drive in the mean time? 😬
I know nothing of suspensions.. but it sounds like it’s more rude quality rather than safety?

I have had two of these upper control arms start squeaking. The first one was replaced under warranty. The replaced one also went bad post-warranty, but the SC took pity on me and only charged $90 to swap it out. You can certainly drive it, but it sounds awful. Kind of embarrassing.