Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension not level

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so here is my issue.... Model X 100D October 2017 delivery.

My suspension on passenger side front and back was lower than driver side by about 1/2 inch. With car parked I measured from floor to fender lip, don't remember exact measurements but passenger side was lower. Lawrence service center in Toronto replaced some suspension parts in the rear, they said it was good. Got car back, front was now even, but rear was off by 1/4 inch passenger side being lower.

Took it to Mississauga location today, its closer to where I live. Had them look at rear suspension. Just picked up car and passenger side is again 1/2 in lower.
Am I being paranoid on this? Does car even out when driving? It bothers me when it's sitting there and I can clearly see the difference.
Can someone please measure to compare? Is your passenger/driver side even when parked or is there a difference in measurement?
I would like comparables before taking it back and if anyone had this issue was it fixed?

Thanks for any help

Just measured mine and set at standard ride height, it measures a nominal 82 cm all round (ground to wheel arch lip). But it is about 2-3 mm lower on the front left corner. Certainly not half an inch out or even a quarter.

I would get the service centre to check your corner weights to see how far out they are. If there is a lot of cross-weight it would point to a problem with the suspension. On a racing car it's standard practice to fine adjust ride heights corner by corner to balance corner weights, but usually that means very small increments. Half an inch is a lot in this respect. So it sounds like you have some issue to resolve here.

What is your process in measuring?
If you are sitting in car, adjust ride height, then get out, unless the car performs another adjustment, the drivers side will rise due to the removal of your weight.
If it is not level when loading is constant (and it is not wheel trim misalignment throwing off the measurement) then the height sensor/ linkage or suspension link the sensor attaches to are out of spec.

What is your process in measuring?
If you are sitting in car, adjust ride height, then get out, unless the car performs another adjustment, the drivers side will rise due to the removal of your weight.

That would account for my front passenger side being a fraction lower than the driver's side (RHD car). But I wouldn't have worried about a 2 mm difference on a rough measurement anyway. Just settling the car could easily give that sort of difference due to friction in the suspension. But a consistent half inch difference like the OP is seeing suggests a problem.

So I just did what service center told me to do. There is no sag after 2 hours. I don't remember exact measurements but on low setting passenger side rear is 1/2 inch lower. On normal settings passenger side rear is 1/4 inch lower.

First time I took it in was front and rear passenger side. The front is now level no matter what setting I put it on. It's the rear now that has issues. Will give them a call tomorrow.