Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension poll for all Model 3 owners (RWD, AWD, DMP)

What are your upgrades or planned upgrades in relationship to your Model 3 suspension??

• Nothing - I like it the way it is (or I simply can't afford an upgrade!)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Springs only to improve either ride or handling or ride height

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Coilover set to improve the ride and/or ride height principally

• Coilover set to improve the handling and/or ride height principally

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • The car as it came from the factory was too soft

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • The car as it came from the factory did not ride well enough

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • The car as it came from the factory had just about the right ride / handling balance

• The car as it came from the factory needed improvements in both ride and handling

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • In addition to Springs or coilovers I have also purchased aftermarket wheels

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • I have not purchased aftermarket wheels but plan to do so.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have not purchased aftermarket wheels and will probably not purchase in the future

• I have not purchased Springs or coilovers but have purchased aftermarket wheels.

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dfwatt

Best Car Ever
Sep 24, 2018
FL
Looking to get a broad-based sampling of people's general take on their Model 3 suspension. Please note that in addition to indicating your preference for suspension modification, please also indicate your assessment of the car's stock suspension and whether or not you have purchased aftermarket wheels. You should have a total of exactly 3 responses -- one response about your assessment of the suspension, one response about suspension purchases and one response about aftermarket wheel purchases.

I’ll bite and have voted.

I went with MPP Comfort Adjustable Coilovers for the sole purpose/goal of lowering the vehicle without sacrificing ride quality.

The stock suspension was/is perfectly fine for me, since I never drive/push my vehicle to the point where I felt the stock suspension was not adequate.

I also love the look of Tesla stock 19” sport wheels. So, zero chance I will ever “upgrade” to an aftermarket wheel.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfwatt
So to summarize the poll results, the big winners were: 1) most owners thought that the stock model 3 Tesla suspension needed help in relationship to both ride and handling, but 2) most people bought suspension coilover kits to improve handling and / or ride height rather than simply the ride itself and / or ride height suggesting that concerns about ride were perhaps secondary. People were five times more likely to buy a coilover kit to improve the handling rather than buying one to improve the ride. The other big winner was 3) aftermarket wheels. None of this is surprising, but it confirms probably the sport/enthusiast-oriented nature of a lot of Model 3 owners on the Forum. Additionally people were four times more likely to buy a coilover kit to improve either ride or handling rather than simply buying Springs to lower their cars or improve the car's handling, this despite the significantly greater cost of the coilover kits, suggesting the major commitment of the owners on the Forum to improving their car's suspension as much as possible. This suggests that people really love their Model 3s!

As impressed as I've been with the MPP Sports coilover kit which has been on my car for over a year, I might be even more wowed by the Comfort Adjustable kit which we just put on my wife's Model 3, and which really does improve the ride of the model 3 significantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clivew