TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Suspension pop w/ high steering angle?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by scaesare, May 12, 2014.

1. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

A couple of times in the last week or so I've heard, and felt, what appears to be a "suspension pop" when the steering is at a high angle.

The typical situation is parallel parking... backing in to a space with the steering wheel near the limit in one direction. As I start the car moving in reverse it will happen. I don't believe I've felt in going forward.

This is a recent phenomenon on my nearly one year old S, w/ ~24K miles on it.

Anybody else noticing this?

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

Yes. Noticed it about a month ago. Mine is also 1 year old with 22K miles.

Happens almost every time I pull out of a parking spot now.

3. scaesare

Interesting... similar age/mileage cars as well.

I'll mention this to my SC and see what they say...

Thanks for the response.

4. Kalud

Kalud Active Member

5. scaesare

Thanks for the reference Kalud.