Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Problem on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator note... This is not a witch hunt forum. Let's keep the thread on point with regards to the veracity of the claim, the implications for Tesla, etc. Things are getting a bit too personal. Sharing detailed information about the OP in an effort to discredit and drag through the mud just isn't going to be tolerated.

Mods, can we separate this thread into two?

1. Shoot the messenger, including people who are posting the white pages links to the OP, discussions about his stock holdings, etc.
2. Discuss the issue about the suspension.

Thank you

Tesla just lost $2 billion in market value during these two days.
It's pretty sad for other Tesla owners because this could pretty well mean the end of the Good Will agreements.

Eliminating the "Good WIll Agreements" is a great thing for the industry and for Tesla.

The best disinfectant is sunlight.

I thought Tesla was going to be different - I thought that meant "different better" not "different worse".

I actually thought the response was pretty good, even the factual error does not change the fact of where the car was. As far as the blogger goes, I did not see any personal attack. They pointed out he has a long history of negative articles (fact) and questioned what his motivations might be, which is reasonable, since none of the lazy-ass journalists who picked up the story and ran with it yesterday bothered to do any research on their own.

Well, it was dripping with sarcasm, and they did call him out by name, and then accused him of being a short. That might be true, but the tone is not really what I would expect as a professional response by a major auto company. I would have expected something more along the lines of "the original blogger did not report all the facts correctly and Tesla strongly disagrees with his conclusions" or similar. Not this whole rant:

Finally, it is worth noting that the blogger who fabricated this issue, which then caused negative and incorrect news to be written about Tesla by reputable institutions, is Edward Niedermeyer. This is the same gentle soul who previously wrote a blog titled “Tesla Death Watch,” which starting on May 19, 2008 was counting the days until Tesla’s death. It has now been 2,944 days. We just checked our pulse and, much to his chagrin, appear to be alive. It is probably wise to take Mr. Niedermeyer’s words with at least a small grain of salt.

We don’t know if Mr. Niedermeyer’s motivation is simply to set a world record for axe-grinding or whether he or his associates have something financial to gain by negatively affecting Tesla’s stock price, but it is important to highlight that there are several billion dollars in short sale bets against Tesla. This means that there is a strong financial incentive to greatly amplify minor issues and to create false issues from whole cloth.

They should have taken the high road, not the low one.

Moderator note... This is not a witch hunt forum. Let's keep the thread on point with regards to the veracity of the claim, the implications for Tesla, etc. Things are getting a bit too personal. Sharing detailed information about the OP in an effort to discredit and drag through the mud just isn't going to be tolerated.

Is the discussion of his ownership of a vehicle leasing company, that he has already admitted to, an okay topic of discussion? Since it could potentially directly impact the use case of the vehicle?

• Helpful
Reactions: Curt Renz
Eliminating the "Good WIll Agreements" is a great thing for the industry and for Tesla.

The best disinfectant is sunlight.

I thought Tesla was going to be different - I thought that meant "different better" not "different worse".

Apparently, you are independently wealthy and fully intent on purposefully misconstruing the Goodwill Agreement. For the rest of us, we appreciate the willingness of a manufacturer to offer out-of-warranty repairs in the name off customer sat.

Is the discussion of his ownership of a vehicle leasing company, that he has already admitted to, an okay topic of discussion? Since it could potentially directly impact the use case of the vehicle?

Why are you automatically assuming that he leases out that particular car?
My friend has a leasing company, but he doesn't lease out his personal Mercedes GTS. LOL.

Enough of shooting the messenger already.

Reactions: AndY1
Mods, can we separate this thread into two?

1. Shoot the messenger, including people who are posting the white pages links to the OP, discussions about his stock holdings, etc.
2. Discuss the issue about the suspension.

Thank you
605 posts...no way I'm going to that much effort.

Not unless someone knows for certain that that specific vehicle was used for commercial leasing. It's just dragging up so much muck that is a distraction to the facts that are already a mess.

The more BS the more likely we'll have to close the entire thread.

Unneseccarily inflamitory, don't you think.

In the first link, NHTSA warned Tesla over reports of alleged reports that Tesla was using NDAs that required the owner to not contact NHTSA.
As Tesla has done no such thing, the warning is basically meaningless.
It would be like me warning you not to set off nuclear bombs.

Before you tell someone to "grow up", check your facts please.

Article talks about suspension failure on model s at 70,000 miles, and how tesla agreed to pay for or discount $3,100 bill by 50%, provided owner signed "good will agreement." NHTSA claims agreement prohibits owner from reporting to their agency. Two thoughts:

1. Warranty didn't cover suspension? If not, why wouldn't someone sign goodwill agreement?
2. Tesla claims agreements did not prohibit owner from reporting to agency. ....and what good would that have done?

• Disagree
Reactions: WilliamZ
Not unless someone knows for certain that that specific vehicle was used for commercial leasing. It's just dragging up so much muck that is a distraction to the facts that are already a mess.

The more BS the more likely we'll have to close the entire thread.

Right, but I assume asking the OP if it was, is allowed, right...? Most people seem to be asking for clarification, myself included. I would have asked the OP directly, but...you're well aware he's put me on ignore.

Tesla has a history of being proactive and responsive to potential safety issues (Model X rear seat recall, Model S seatbelt recall, Titanium shield, Model S rear seat bracket, UMC adapter --> all voluntary recalls, not required by safety regulators, no one was injured, but instead performed because it was the right thing to do). Goodwill NDAs (when Tesla does the right thing and fixes out of warranty vehicles for free) are not preventing customers from contacting NHTSA if they wish. Tesla seems to be replacing Model X windshields when asked.

Nothing to see here, except a company that consistently prioritizes safety and does the right thing.

I would have expected something more along the lines of "the original blogger did not report all the facts correctly and Tesla strongly disagrees with his conclusions" or similar. Not this whole rant:

Perhaps a decade ago, but that is also the kind of corporate-speak I would expect from GM or VAG. Part of Tesla's communication style is to be authentic and approachable (warts and all) - heck, look at Elon's keynotes. That blog post was written by someone passionate about what they do, not by a drone collecting a paycheck. Call the dude out--it serves no one and it fools no one to sugar coat it.

Apparently, you are independently wealthy and fully intent on purposefully misconstruing the Goodwill Agreement. For the rest of us, we appreciate the willingness of a manufacturer to offer out-of-warranty repairs in the name off customer sat.

Funny!!

The agreement provides for "other compensation" in addition to repairs, so that would cover a something like: here is $10k, please don't say anything about exploding gas tanks or ignition failures or some other safety issue. Remember what Tesla admitted about the Roadster recently - wonder how many agreements they had to sign to keep that quiet.

This has NOTHING to do with customer satisfaction, since Tesla can provide whatever repairs they want without asking for this agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.