Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension question: uneven spring height ok?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CD300B71-D963-43BC-9B36-0444B9148A66.png
I got Unplugged Performance Moderate version springs installed, front and rear.

But, due to a knocking noise coming from rear when going over bumps, I took car back to UP.

They ended up replacing the rear springs to SP version, leaving the moderates in front. They didn’t have any other version springs in stock.

So, I have Moderate in front and SP in the back.

This makes the front quiet a bit lower than the rear.

Question - is this good for the suspension of my car?

Will more weight be transferred to front?

Does it matter?

View attachment 411459 I got Unplugged Performance Moderate version springs installed, front and rear.

But, due to a knocking noise coming from rear when going over bumps, I took car back to UP.

They ended up replacing the rear springs to SP version, leaving the moderates in front. They didn’t have any other version springs in stock.

So, I have Moderate in front and SP in the back.

This makes the front quiet a bit lower than the rear.

Question - is this good for the suspension of my car?

Will more weight be transferred to front?

Does it matter?

It doesn't matter other than looking funny. Throw some sandbags in the trunk!

aren't the SP's= super performance? meaning those drop the car even more than moderates? that drop actually looks good.

That’s what I was told by UP, drop would be the same as Mod, but the UP guy seemed as surprised as I was that drop was not as much as Moderates.

They had Mild and SP springs in stock. I hope they didn’t accidentally put in Milds in the back? No way for me to know