Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension service near Westford?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has developed a bad squeak. I've tried the home remedies that I've seen on Youtube, i.e. removing the hubcap and cleaning the brake and wheel, driving backwards. That didn't help.
I've tried to make a mobile service appointment for tire rotation, brake cleaning and I added that I had a squeak and that I wanted the ball joint lubricated (something else I saw mentioned on Youtube). They came back and asked me to book an appointment in Watertown, that's awful. Driving down 3 and on 128 at rush hour would be a nightmare, let alone waiting around all day while they looked at it. I'd rather pay out of pocket in the local area rather than make that trip. Is their a mechanic in the Westford area (Westford, Chelmsford, Littleton, Tyngsboro, Nashua) who is familiar with Tesla suspensions?

Which model Tesla do you have? I have had similar noises from my front right, and they replaced upper control arm and something else, but noise is still there, and now a noise as I turn the steering wheel. I have an appointment week after next in Peabody. I didn't want to drive to Watertown or the other service center because of traffic. Let me know what you find.

Which model Tesla do you have? I have had similar noises from my front right, and they replaced upper control arm and something else, but noise is still there, and now a noise as I turn the steering wheel. I have an appointment week after next in Peabody. I didn't want to drive to Watertown or the other service center because of traffic. Let me know what you find.
How long did it take for them to replace the control arm? Did they do it while you waited or did you have to leave the car?

Don’t book appt at rush hour. What’s the big deal. Watertown SC is a hole in the wall but the people there are great. You want someone experienced and will probably know exactly what the problem is.

How long did it take for them to replace the control arm? Did they do it while you waited or did you have to leave the car?
I had to leave it (for the whole day), and it took them a few hours late in the day. Against my better judgement, I picked it up after closing. They didn't have time to take it for a test drive, and it was squeaking as I left. Next time I will make sure they test drive it.