TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Suspension set to Low with 22 inch wheels??

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Leftysmasher, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

I just upgraded my wheels to 22" turbines but I am not sure what height to set the suspension to? I have no issues with "low" (no slopes to contend with) but have heard that setting to low will wear out the tires faster?

What do you guys with 22" rims set your height to on the X and why?

Thanks!

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Because of the shudder issue Tesla aligned all cars at “low” setting that will be the best for wear and to avoid the shudder at fast acceleration

Mines on low for 7k miles and wear is good at 45psi

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. NHK X

NHK X Laus Deo

I’ve been set on low since delivery with 22s, 25k miles, even tire wear thus far. Around 5mm.

• Like x 1
  4. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

This guy knows what he’s talking about. I had camber issues on my AP1 on low but not on my AP2. It’s just old info now on the wear.

• Love x 1
  5. jajabor

jajabor Member

I have been driving with low setting since delivery in April, 2017; 20k miles - no issues.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. Tslacg

Tslacg Member

Set psi to 45 instead of 42 and low or very low won't give you inner tire wear (22s with 24k)

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1