Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Setting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
New owner of used 2018 Model X 100D here. I have been "learning the car" one or two things
at a time. At one point I encountered a setting for the firmness of the suspension. Now I can
not find it in the car menus, the iPhone app, nor the Windows app. Where is it?
Possibly related ... the car did a software update yesterday. Was this featured "dropped"?
On purpose or by accident? I also tried to check to see what level of software I'm running.
I found that info - but it seems to be undated. What am I missing? I was expecting to see
something that tells me something like "this vehicle was updated to version ___ on date ___.

- Jim in Burlington, Wa.

When I first got my MX 2017 I hated how stiff, heavy, and craptastic the ride was. Road noise from tires were unbearable.
Deflate the tires to 39 PSI.. I know it sounds useless but the difference is night and day.
Yes, I'm hoping that when I replace tires I can find some that are quieter - this 2018 MX does not ride
nor sound like a "luxury SUV" (to me). I even suspect that if it had the ability to soften up the ride it
might even reduce the road noise (primarily tires). I like how it corners and handles - but when I'm
simply grinding out highway miles or doing local stuff I'd like it to be cushy. The new one I test
drove the day I bought this 2018 was -very- different when you told it to "ride smooth". A fairly
considerable percentage of the road noise is related to the "thumps" when you go over any
little irregularity in the road surface.
- Jim