Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension shop in Seattle area?

Pueo

Jan 19, 2018
Molokai
Hi all,

Finally getting around to suspension upgrades for my 3 after beginning the quest almost a year ago. I've searched high and low on here, and even asked in a MPP thread last year, but haven't found any threads which help.

So, anyone out there have experience, good or bad, with any shops in the general Seattle area for coil-over, shock, and brake upgrades? I'd prefer going with a shop that has some experience since I don't have personal experience with any shops. I can't imagine I'm the first to want to do this in the area.

Any info would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Drivesolo

May 9, 2017
Pacific NW
What suspension components are you planning to install? Not that I can recommend a shop, but the suspension in the TM3 (RWD from my observation) is really basic and simple to work with. Torque specs is really the only thing you'd need to DIY if you have the tools. I'm guessing since you're getting components from MPP, you're not looking to setup for caster adjustment or anything radical like that.

Pueo

Jan 19, 2018
Molokai
Sports coilovers, rear camber and tow arms, and stainless brake lines. I have enough wrenching in my distant past that I'm sure I could get everything installed, but at this stage I don't have a good space, the right tools, nor the desire to do it. I'd like a pro who does it all the time and hopefully has Model 3 experience.

Anybody?

kev1n

Nov 17, 2016
SF Bay Area
like someone else pointed out, its very basic and straight forward, any experienced shop should be able to do the job

the only thing unique i noticed is that the front tophat bolts will need a very narrow socket to remove them

Pueo

Jan 19, 2018
Molokai
like someone else pointed out, its very basic and straight forward, any experienced shop should be able to do the job

the only thing unique i noticed is that the front tophat bolts will need a very narrow socket to remove them

That's my understanding as well, was just hoping to use a shop that's already experienced with any quirks specific to Tesla, like the tophat bolts.

Thanks,

fajitamondays

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2019
WA
  • Informative
Reactions: goneskiian

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC