Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension shop in Seattle area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Finally getting around to suspension upgrades for my 3 after beginning the quest almost a year ago. I've searched high and low on here, and even asked in a MPP thread last year, but haven't found any threads which help.

So, anyone out there have experience, good or bad, with any shops in the general Seattle area for coil-over, shock, and brake upgrades? I'd prefer going with a shop that has some experience since I don't have personal experience with any shops. I can't imagine I'm the first to want to do this in the area.

Any info would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Al

What suspension components are you planning to install? Not that I can recommend a shop, but the suspension in the TM3 (RWD from my observation) is really basic and simple to work with. Torque specs is really the only thing you'd need to DIY if you have the tools. I'm guessing since you're getting components from MPP, you're not looking to setup for caster adjustment or anything radical like that.

Sports coilovers, rear camber and tow arms, and stainless brake lines. I have enough wrenching in my distant past that I'm sure I could get everything installed, but at this stage I don't have a good space, the right tools, nor the desire to do it. I'd like a pro who does it all the time and hopefully has Model 3 experience.

Anybody?

like someone else pointed out, its very basic and straight forward, any experienced shop should be able to do the job

the only thing unique i noticed is that the front tophat bolts will need a very narrow socket to remove them

like someone else pointed out, its very basic and straight forward, any experienced shop should be able to do the job

the only thing unique i noticed is that the front tophat bolts will need a very narrow socket to remove them

That's my understanding as well, was just hoping to use a shop that's already experienced with any quirks specific to Tesla, like the tophat bolts.

Thanks,

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
Hi, did you find a shop?
I ended up using Cantrell Motorsports in Bellevue. They did a fine job, though I suspect a premium is paid. The car I was inquiring about was totaled a year ago and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the replacement. If I decide to upgrade suspension pieces I might try Tru-line next time around.