Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wratran

Model S and X
Feb 17, 2019
Dallas
I hit a pot hole. It damage the right side suspension....rear suspension and some damage to front.

tesla wants $8000 to replace the complete right front and rear.

can someone refer me to a shop in dallas that can work on tesla suspension?

Attachments

• 8197E4B6-60E0-4930-ACED-FD0A1AC41691.jpeg
    8197E4B6-60E0-4930-ACED-FD0A1AC41691.jpeg
    293.3 KB · Views: 87
No.

What you want is your car fixed correctly.

That means an insurance claim.

It will not likely affect your premiums as road hazard impacts are normally covered under your comprehensive coverage, not collision (but I'm not sure).

Even if there's a premium hit, you need file.

Also, consider a claim against the City of Dallas. Depending upon the circumstances, it may be covered by them.

I replaced my rear lower control arms and links in about 30 mins per side. these cars are not hard at all to work on, if you have previously worked on any of your own cars dont be afraid to work on your model S. On the flip side you need to make sure you are replacing all the broken/bent parts. The bent parts may be hard to see and sometimes will only be caught once the car is on the alignment rack, so in this case I would let the insurance deal with it that way if you have rental on your plan you wont be out of a car while repairs are being competed.

Reason I had to replace lower control arms.
Snow Chains 21 Turbines, Learn from my mistake

• Helpful
Reactions: Chaserr
It will not likely affect your premiums as road hazard impacts are normally covered under your comprehensive coverage, not collision (but I'm not sure). mcdvoice

Yes, I wrote that, but I've noted that USAA has seemingly changed their stance on that, converting such claims into "Collsion" vs. the old "Comprehensive."

Check your your policy for details, or give your insurance company a call.