Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension / Sway Bars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad you got them installed without incident. Happy to see the report that there was zero noise as well. I noticed UP has installation instructions here: model 3 sway bar installation guide - Unplugged Performance

In the guide there are notes on torque specs for both the front and rear sways as well as torque specs for the wheels.

Hoping to install mine in the next few weeks.

Hope all goes well for your install. Yes, the UP instructions were only missing torque specs for the bushing mount nuts/bolts. They had torques spec for front and rear endlinks and wheel nuts.

My friend that helped me install had a SR+ roll in right after my car for the UP bars as well except that car needed to add end links. The SR+ owner also reports a quiet ride.

Has anyone who has dealt with both the Eibach and UPP sways noticed a difference in weight between the two? I've handled both on separate occasions and anecdotally there seems to be a difference. Was curious if anyone else noticed one set being heavier than the other.

Heads up all. Unplugged Performance has updated their sway bar install instructions to now include torque for bushing brackets. Previously, they only had torque settings for the end-link nuts only. Some people may have confused things and used the much higher end-link torque specs for the bushing bracket nuts/bolts. For ease of reference they are:
  • Front sway bar end link nut - 73 ftlb
  • Front sway bar bracket - 26 ftlb
  • Rear sway bar end link nut - 41 ftlb
  • Rear sway bar bracket - 22 ftlb
I didn't have this info and ended up using 26 ft-lbs front and back but since I replaced rear bolts with M10 1.5x25 flange ones (which have a bigger clamping area than the oem bolts - 13mm head vs 11mm head) I think I should be ok leaving it at 26 ft lbs. So far no issues.

So I'm not planning on tracking my 3P as its a daily and I have another car for weekend shenanigans but I really dont like the body roll it has. I want to keep stock height to save me from wheel stops so I'm thinking of just getting a set of sway bars to mitigate the roll. Are sways effective at that sort of thing or do I need to plan for coil overs as well?
I purchased the Unplugged sway bars for my Model 3 Performance. I actually ordered these prior to taking delivery on the car due to my experience with adding sway bars (or thicker sway bars) to multiple cars in the past. I had them installed by Unplugged in Hawthorne after having my car for 3 weeks. They made a significant difference in the handling of the car, but did not make a noticeable difference in straight line feel. I had my front set to firm (firmest setting) and the rear set to medium. The car handles flat, and cornering is much more neutral. I also had Unplugged install their front fascia and rear spoiler (painted to match my Pearl White color). I love the look!

I purchased the Unplugged sway bars for my Model 3 Performance. I actually ordered these prior to taking delivery on the car due to my experience with adding sway bars (or thicker sway bars) to multiple cars in the past. I had them installed by Unplugged in Hawthorne after having my car for 3 weeks. They made a significant difference in the handling of the car, but did not make a noticeable difference in straight line feel. I had my front set to firm (firmest setting) and the rear set to medium. The car handles flat, and cornering is much more neutral. I also had Unplugged install their front fascia and rear spoiler (painted to match my Pearl White color). I love the look!
Welcome to TMC and your first post. The huge problem with your post is that it doesn't have a picture :). Seriously though, great choice in initial mods...what's next?

Welcome to TMC and your first post. The huge problem with your post is that it doesn't have a picture :). Seriously though, great choice in initial mods...what's next?
A28AA5BC-6E8C-4C24-8F56-D83928A48CF1.jpeg
732C1CD0-3950-4BB6-8DFF-04AD2AC068E5.jpeg
6C1033EA-DA7C-4CCB-9B60-0096EE95556A.jpeg

I also added the roof racks (as you can see) so I could transport my one man (9’) kayak. I had an EchoHitch installed for my hitch mounted bike rack. This is the hitch that installs behind the rear bumper, that permits you to remove the visible piece when desired. I’m not sure what my next step is, other than just enjoying the driving and visual experience of this amazing car. I drove a Chevy Volt for three years, and a Chevy Bolt for another three years. I am a firm believer in electric vehicles. But I have also always enjoyed my sports cars and sports sedans. So it is very exciting to have this car to drive.

It is the more conservative high efficiency trunk spoiler. I am fortunate to live 90 minutes away from the Unplugged shop in Hawthorne. They painted the front fascia and spoiler to match the Pearl White, and did the installation of all the components. I even got to see their Pikes Peak car when I was there.

that is the case but the car doesn't really understeer IMO if you drive it right but this is coming from racing a P85 for 7 years.
on a FWD car you'd put a thick front on, right?
So car is really balanced IMO and didn't understeer to begin with but I realize I was wrong, car rotates much better w/ rear ....but still slaughtered my competition almost always... Took to Pax in our club. sure I would have been a bit faster with the rear but was fast enough anyway with a 'disadvantage'. & probably safer on the hill climbs?

Now I have Eibach on front stiff and UPP competition stiff rear. probably a little too stiffish w/ both on firm. brakes lines rotors and brace make a big difference too! cant wait for next season...coil overs & bushings in the mail :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasTeslaRacing
Another good reason to buy this tow bar is it doesn’t scratch the tailgate or the bumper. Although scratches and bumps are completely unavoidable when driving an RV, this particular tow bar prevents them from happening.
A bit off topic FYI. This is about sway bars for racing, not tow bars for pulling a car. But there may not be a place for that topic?

Reactions: TwoK4drSi