Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Upgrades for 2022 model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ride is always subjective of course, but this is particularly interesting to me, and what I've been wondering... Are a lot of the MYP ride complaints from older builds, even older '22 builds perhaps? This is all speculation for the fun part as far as I'm concerned, but I'm hopeful my yet to be built '22 MYP ride surpasses my currently not super high expectations :)
The ride discomfort in MYP vs a MYLR is contributed mostly by the lowered (by 1/2") suspension (stiffer springs/struts) plus the super low profile tires (thin side wall). Pure physics. That is also why you see a LOT of MYP owners ditching their 21" wheel/tire set up after purchase. :)

That is also why you see a LOT of MYP owners ditching their 21" wheel/tire set up after purchase. :)
Not really. They used to when they had summer tires from factory, and they had to find winter tires setup during the cold months, but not anymore. The majority of MYP owners keep their setup. I also can confirm that MYP ride is not stiff or harsh at all.

Last edited:
I have a '22 MYLR on 18'' wheels and I think the ride is rough.
Interesting. What size tire and type of tire are you using?

This is where it gets confusing because we have reports from people that owned both a ‘20 and ‘22 MYP and claimed the ‘22 rides noticeably better. On the other hand, we also have other ‘22 owners saying their MYLR is still rough with more sidewall. Wish there was a more clear consensus.

Just to muck up the waters even more, I think our ‘21 MYLR rides comfortably on the stock Geminis and tires lowered to 38 PSI. At stock 42 PSI the ride is stiff and rockier.

This is where it gets confusing because we have reports from people that owned both a ‘20 and ‘22 MYP and claimed the ‘22 rides noticeably better. On the other hand, we also have other ‘22 owners saying their MYLR is still rough with more sidewall. Wish there was a more clear consensus.

Just to muck up the waters even more, I think our ‘21 MYLR rides comfortably on the stock Geminis and tires lowered to 38 PSI. At stock 42 PSI the ride is stiff and rockier.
Again and again, this is all subjective matter. Some will feel harsh, some will not. If you are the type (that feels harsh ride in Tesla cars), you should consider other brand, such as Buick, Lincoln, Cadillac, etc.

255/55-18 Vredestein Quatrac Pros

255/55-18 Vredestein Quatrac Pros
I thought the Quatrac Pros are praised for ride quality on TireRack, no? I am contemplating a few tire options and narrowed it down to Quatrac Pro or Pirelli P7 AS Plus 3. I initially considered a UHP DWS06 Plus but some YT comparisons showed a steep 13% reduction in range.

I had experience with the original Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus a few years ago and loved them on our Model S — smoother ride and better range than the OEM Goodyears at the time. How is the efficiency/range with the Quatrac Pro?