Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension wish list - persistent high ground clearance mode.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Model S/X you can't order the air suspension as a separate option. You have to get the "P" Performance version to get the air suspension. I would expect the same would be true on the Model 3.

Wrong, you have no choice on the Model X, they all come with SAS. And on the Model S you can add it to any version, even the lowest end 60 for $2,500.

Reactions: rajpatel486
I currently own both a Subaru Legacy and Outback.
I use the Legacy most because it has less body roll / better cornering.
We always take the Outback skiing and on holiday where the extra ground clearance is useful on shingle / farm / 4WD tracks.

When I order my Model 3 I hope to select SAS and sell both the Legacy and Outback.

One concern is that I think a Model Y would better suite my use-case better than the Model 3...

Highly, highly unlikely the M3 will have air/adjustable suspension. I'm guessing coil will be the only offer. No reason to put it in this class/type of car.

His early-April tweet storm covered a lot of ground. In that, he did confirm dynamic air suspension for the Model 3, which makes a lot of sense, as he also confirmed a towing option.

Elon Musk Shares Tesla Model 3 Details In Twitter Rampage

Reactions: melindav